Help! I have so much weight to lose

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
Hi Zand, I've lost 4lb this week, counting carbs and keeping a food diary. Wish I had the willpower tobwakk like you do, but I am going out for a walk with the dog later.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Zand, I've lost 4lb this week, counting carbs and keeping a food diary. Wish I had the willpower tobwakk like you do, but I am going out for a walk with the dog later.
4 lb!!!! That's magnificent! I must confess my food diary hasn't been touched since the 'accident' with the 6 roast potatoes. Thanks for reminding me, I'll start again now. The truth is I am loving the walking at the moment, so there's no willpower involved, I enjoy it (the more time I spend walking the less time I spend doing housework)

Reactions: 3 people

Mothership

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
dog mess anywhere
Lol I have been keeping around the 50-60 carb a day, but I will be about a 100 today because I under estimated the carbs in my wetherspoons fruit and yoghurt, although I only ate half the yoghurt.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
I am loving the walking at the moment, so there's no willpower involved, I enjoy it (the more time I spend walking the less time I spend doing housework)

Here in the Cotswolds the weather has been glorious. Had some lovely walks. Ahhh Spring. Makes everything easier to take on.
Back to work tomorrow.
New pedometer arrives this week so looking forward to even more obsessive tracking and monitoring!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have noticed a change in a couple of my habits in the last month or so. Usually in the morning I say Goodbye to my husband and son as they leave for work, and then come straight to the computer to check emails, banking, buy tickets etc. before I start the rest of my day. I still do that, but instead of wasting time playing computer games afterwards, (quick simple games - I had to ban myself from Stronghold and Championship Manager years ago) I spend the time checking the forum. Basically same actions, sitting here at a desk with computer on - but with such a different outcome. I'm learning lots about diabetes, you guys, and myself too and I walk away feeling uplifted.

Another change is when I go to the lounge. I always used to put the TV on to have background noise. I do the same action of switching the TV on, but now I listen to music through it. Again, much more uplifting. I used to be a real telly addict, now I can't bear it. I enjoyed HIGNFY and the repeat of Outnumbered this week, but I think that's the only 2 programmes I have watched all week. I actually don't care that I am missing the soaps I have watched for many years.

The result of this is I have much more energy and I do a lot more thinking (yeah, sorry about that, I do tend to overthink things already, and this can only get worse ). I am more in touch with my feelings again too. When John Lennon wrote the line 'keep you doped with TV', he was right. That's what it did to me. I'm not saying all TV is bad, far from it. It's just that now I have had a rest from it I have regained an ability to think for myself more. I'm also not saying that I will feel like this forever. I suspect I will watch loads more TV when Winter is here again..... And my son has promised he will teach me to play Civilization 4 when the whole house is sorted and clean and tidy, so that won't be for very many years yet.

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

4 lb!!!! That's magnificent! I must confess my food diary hasn't been touched since the 'accident' with the 6 roast potatoes. Thanks for reminding me, I'll start again now. The truth is I am loving the walking at the moment, so there's no willpower involved, I enjoy it (the more time I spend walking the less time I spend doing housework)
What is this word housework ......:/

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
A friend of mine has a magnet on her fridge that says 'A clean house is a sign of a wasted life'.

Not entirely fair but there is some truth in it.

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A friend of mine has a magnet on her fridge that says 'A clean house is a sign of a wasted life'.

Not entirely fair but there is some truth in it.

Yes, one of my friends gave me that one too! But I have come to realise that searching for lost items everyday is also a waste of my time, so maybe, just maybe, I will try to do something about it.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
My mother bought me a sign which is up by the front door
"My house was tidy last week. Sorry you missed it! ".
To quote Quentin Crisp
"After the third year, the dust doesn't get any worse." (on why he doesn't clean his apt.)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My mother bought me a sign which is up by the front door
"My house was tidy last week. Sorry you missed it! ".
To quote Quentin Crisp
"After the third year, the dust doesn't get any worse." (on why he doesn't clean his apt.)

He's wrong. It does.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
image.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol

We went out for a meal this evening. I remembered to ask for salad instead of chips this time. Then hubby sat there telling me how wonderful the chips were. I really could've done without knowing that.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
He's wrong. It does.
Not if you invite people round after dark and only light candles! A tidy house is the sign of a dull mind. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Scandi, that's been my excuse for the last 31 years, but even I am getting fed up with the mess now.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol i love that kind of support, how about people holding out the food in your face saying "are you sure?" lol im very fortunate to have never met a adult i wasnt comfortable swearing at

lol

We went out for a meal this evening. I remembered to ask for salad instead of chips this time. Then hubby sat there telling me how wonderful the chips were. I really could've done without knowing that.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes Scandi, that's been my excuse for the last 31 years, but even I am getting fed up with the mess now.
That's coz you have better things to do with your time! Bet most of it isn't yours! Looking round our lounge which looks like we've been burgled (again) . My husband admitted that there are only 2 items which are mine!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lol

Have you heard about revenge purchasing? This is where they do something wrong and you go out and buy something nice for your self. And then smile sweetly! Yes, it's true! I'm bad to the core. Lol!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
cant go along with you guys here, the wife has her moments but in general sucks at housework and it drives me nutsssss lol even worse to think you girls find it funny, im leaving the toilet seat up for the rest of night, dont push me, or ill put it up when i pass even when i dont use it