• Poll closed .

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
I am going to get a massage soon and I need help choosing what I am going to get. I have a survey below (for those who would like to help) for you to choose the type of massage you would get. Thanks!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Can't see a link to survey

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
@Cumberland, it's not a link. You should be able to see the survey when you open this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would want to check out the masseur's credentials first....

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a deep tissue massage on my neck and shoulder but I do have an exisiting condition that needed it. The masseur was qualified but they had to stop doing the massage as it was causing a lot of problems with the injury. She changed and did a normal nack massage which was easier to tolerate.

If you have any existing condition make sure you masseur is aware of it before embarking as it could cause you some trouble

Otherwise enjoy

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Difficult to give any advice because I don't know much about different types of massage, or what they do.

What I do know is that a sports/deep tissue massage can be very painful and is designed to provide physio, not to be calm and relaxing. I'd decide what it is you want (i.e. soothing/relaxing, deep tissue etc) then ring up wherever it is you're going, explain what you want and ask them to tell you what you should choose from the options that they provide.

If it's a Spa-type place, I'm guessing it will provide a soothing and relaxing massage, whereas a Sports Injury Clinic will be more in the eurrgh, ooyah, eek! category. :)

Hope it goes well. Mrs h-c occasionally indulges herself with a relaxing massage at a local spa and always comes back feeling very chilled.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Many years ago, I had a problem with my left neck nerve bundle cluster, it was altering my natural stance. I got an appointment with a local physiotherapist.
I had the bundle cluster manipulated and it was really painful but the relief I received from this deep neck massage was incredible!

If you ever have neck problems that can be so beneficial to have a massage. The relief from it is brilliant!