Help needed with diet

Unbeliever

Poor Silvercat . IWhen you are feeling at rockbottom and ill and exhausted you know you need help but all suggestions sound too difficult or too simplistic. You don;t know which way o urn or who to believe.
Could your tiredness also be a redul of depression??
Maybe read over all the suggestions a few times and give yourself ime to digest them all. Then perhaps try one or two just when you feel happy about it.
I never like the idea of forcing yourself to eat things which you believe don't agree wih you.
Peppers always used to give me indigestion too but i ate them for years . Then suddenly I collapsed and had to be taken to hospital as a result of eaing just a little .
This explains why I was also not too keen on raw tomatoes and potatoes cooked in certain way.They are all of the deadly nighshade family and I am "sensitive" to them.It took the paramedics 49 mnutes t
o stabilise my "sensitivity" before taking me to hospital so i now avoid all members of that family!
I would say don't force yourself to eat anything. maybe ry something new.
Maybe smaller portions but eat more dfequently?
It must be discouraging o have lost weight and then regained it but you know you can do it.
Pain and illness are depressing and you don't recover overnight. Don't be too hard on yourself.
As you don't see the drs too often they have to ge it all in at your consuktation.
Just taje one step at a time and I hope you find somehing which helps.
Perhaps waut a while try a few suggestions and then tell us how you are doing?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Atkins states quite clearly in the Induction Phase - no more than 4oz hard cheese per day. Unlimited cheese is another Atkins myth :roll:

I really don't know what else I can do to help. There isn't a magic low-carb, high-nutrient, extremely filling food out there if you're cutting out veg. If there is, could someone tell me about it, please?

Have you been tested for allergies to the things that make you sick? it is one way they show - you don't have to come out in a rash, or go into anaphylactic shock, to have an allergy.

Do try some water, though - try to drink a bit more in the morning so that it's through your system by bed-time. I don't understand about 'joint facet', but I know my arthritic knees/hips are much worse when I'm dehydrated - something about the synovial fluid in the joint getting dehydrated too!

Best of luck

Viv 8)

tiggy123456

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too am having trouble with what to eat, it gets me down so much. why cant we just have a diet sheet that tells you what you can eat simple as that...... id stick to eating just those things then .

C

catherinecherub

I too am having trouble with what to eat, it gets me down so much. why cant we just have a diet sheet that tells you what you can eat simple as that...... id stick to eating just those things then .

Hi tiggy,

Do you have a meter and test strips and do you keep a food diary? This will show you which foods raise your blood sugars.

Have you read the advice for newly diagnosed?

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

Tell us a bit more about yourself and we will try to help you.