Type 1 Help Needed

Leelee1507

Hi,

Been type 1 for just shy of 6months now and these past few weeks I’ve been itching like mad mainly the bottom of my feet and my calf’s is this anything to do with diabetes ?

Thanks

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Been type 1 for just shy of 6months now and these past few weeks I’ve been itching like mad mainly the bottom of my feet and my calf’s is this anything to do with diabetes ?

Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum
maybe your fee are dry,

you need to put some moisturiser if it is dry it may cause itchiness.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi,

Thanks

It's not something that I personally have heard of as particularly diabetes related, particularly as I wouldn't expect a new T1 to be experiencing long term complications yet. Lots of things can be related to diabetes, but lots of other things aren't. Aside from the fact that forum rules don't allow us to diagnose, I'd suggest talking to a pharmacist and/or your GP.

Good luck.

Leelee1507

Thank you both for your time in replying. Everything’s getting to me now I find myself literally blaming diabetes for everything.

Thank you again