Help, opinions and guidance needed!

Lelliee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,
Me again talking about my stubborn Dawn phenomenon...
A bit of context:
I was diagnosed with diabetes of some description in January whilst I was pregnant with a hba1c of 78, treated insulin- hba1c of 36, then only with metformin and then insulin again towards the end. Had emergency csection 22nd July. Post pregnancy- hba1c of 49, was prescribed just two metformin with breakfast and started lowish carb. Since had further blood tests--hba1c, cpeptide, GAD, fasting glucose and fasting insulin, I've been told I'm type 2- most recent hba1c 47. I am continuing low carb, I eat mainly meat, cheese, cream, veg, eggs, fish.
I can't seem to get rid of the stubborn morning spikes! I've posted about them before and spoken to my DSN about them who is not concerned by it at all as my predicted hba1c on my libre is 45.
I have included pictures of my numbers from after tea last night until now as I'm posting this.
Dinner was at about 8, I had chicken tikka meat, red onions, saag cheddar and two poppadoms. Followed by my two Metformin.
This morning I woke up at about 8 with my 21 week old son, sorted him out, took my sertraline and eventually I had a kvarg yogurt, 5g carb and two bits of cheese from my cheese advent calendar 0.5g each.
Since then I have had a muller toffee skyr yogurt with a bit of cream, 7g carb and some Lidl 95% pork sausages with mayonnaise about 8g carb.

My question is, I've been told in previous posts that FBGs are usually the last, stubborn numbers to go down. Being on this treatment for, well, about 21 weeks- how long roughly do these FBGs take to go down?! Patience is not one of my virtues and I'm working my butt off with walks and stuff to try and combat the morning spike but it feels useless.
Please help and guide me, especially as I'm a bit of a novice. I know in the world of chronic conditions like diabetes 5 months is not really a long time to expect to have it all figured out!

Lelliee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Server won't let me upload images so figures are:
17.35- 6.9
18.10- 6.4
22.04- 7.8
22.51- 8.7
23.19- 7.5
23.37- 5.7
07.58- 9.6
08.29- 8.4
09.55- 9.1
11.43- 7.4
13.02- 6.9
14.34- 6.5

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My experience was that it took 18 months of low carb and Metformin for my fasting levels to remain consistently below 5.5, which is where I wanted it to be. I also tried a couple of things that people here suggested, one is to have a low carb snack just before bed, so I tried a small handful of almonds and also eating as soon as you wake up. With this in mind I make and eat a low carb breakfast before showering and dressing etc... I continue doing both of those things 3 and a half years later!