Help please.

BKP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Trouble is that all those lentils have a lot more carbs than meat and you are effectively "carb intolerant" with Type 2.
I think that per 100g steak has about twice the protein as lentils (or at least that's what the Waitrose website indicates) and to be honest I know which I prefer.. still each to their own.
100g red lentil = 20g carbs of which only 1.8g sugar.

BKP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are you following any particular food lifestyle plan? LCHF, keto, GI/GL, vegan, etc?
Not really a bit of all maybe. Just wholesome food, fresh veg, beans, legumes, good bio yogurts and some hard cheeses, nuts, seeds, salads, none tropical fruits, no processed sugar, no alcohol. Lots of weight lifting , exercise not just in the gym but cycling, swimming and loads of walking :)

BKP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Trouble is that all those lentils have a lot more carbs than meat and you are effectively "carb intolerant" with Type 2.
I think that per 100g steak has about twice the protein as lentils (or at least that's what the Waitrose website indicates) and to be honest I know which I prefer.. still each to their own.
Carbs are good as long as they are low GI and very small amounts of sugar. I find rolled porridge oats are great no spiked sugar levels and keep me full till past lunch time.

Reactions: TIANDB

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your blood testing results are very good
In terms of whether ot not they indicate you have got rid of diabetes, my take on it is no - diabetes is a disease where the defining problem is the bodies impaired ability to deal with carbohydrates leading to disordered blood sugars. It can be controlled to a greater or lesser extent by alterations to diet and / or the use of medication depending on various considerations but the way I see it once a diabetic, always a diabetic - for T2 if you eat lots of carbs and / or regain lost weight then diabetes will return full force
In terms of making further alterations to your diet - while your sugars are good there is no pressing need to make any ditary alterations unless you choose to.I would suggest testing individual foods / meals to see what foods spike yoyr sugars and then make decisions about whether or not to keep that food in your diet

Reactions: BKP