Help please...

Tarajeano

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
My 15 month old has been displaying every single warning symptom of type 1 diabetes. ..except I preformed a random glucose the other evening and she was 82. But shes been consistently ill, fatigued (which I attributed to being under the weather) she's either got little to know appetite, but drinks constantly, or she wants to eat everything in site 24/7. She's got a yeast diaper rash. She no longer has been sleeping through the night--she used to go to bed 7-8p, wake once maybe to have a bottle or breast, and return to sleep until 630a. Now she's been up every couple hours, begging for a bottle, also nursing, and then wanting another bottle...appearing a bit out of it (for example she freaked out one night about her bottle, it was in front of her, but she acted as though she wasn't able to see it). She's been EXTREMELY moody and easily irritable, and it comes out of nowhere. She's restless, tossing and turning. She used to MAYBE need her diaper changed once thru the night, if she woke. Shes now been urinating thru her diapers, or I'm changing a full diaper every time she wakes.
She had what I think was a moderate reaction to eggs the other day, and then almond milk the next, where she got flushed in the face, disoriented, off balance, itchy, lethargic, wheezy, but yet wanting to eat. I keep mentioning to my mother that I think it's a possibility of diabetes (she's an RN). She tells me I'm overreacting and reading too far into things. And then the glucose test of 82 sealed the deal for her.
My question is, how soon after symptoms present that you'll see the telltale glucose reading? Is it possible to have a "normal" reading during the beginning onset of symptoms? How did those diagnosed at a young age present that made your parents or physician test for diabetes?

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
We can't diagnose, but as a mother (mine's now 27!) I do recall how concerned you can become, but I also remember how babies can be, seemingly, at death's door one moment and then on top form a bit later on, just as you are collapsing with nervous exhaustion. I strongly suggest that you do speak to your doctor. He/she may be able to put the symptoms together into some sort of diagnosis, maybe your daughter just has something that is going around at the moment, or maybe a blood test or two would be advisable. Talk to an unrelated professional.
Sally