Prediabetes Help please

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I know there is a lot of knowledgable people on here so hopefully someone will have an answer or some help.

I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes last summer and went onto a LCHF diet. I just had the results of my next blood test and all the results look good - HbAlc - 34, 5.3%. Trig - 1.0, HDL - 80 mg/dl (not sure if these are the same as UK), even my chloresterol has gone down. All results have gone up or come down to be good. My one bad result is Uric acid at 8.3 mg/dl. I have looked this up and it says can be caused by Ketone diet and says not to eat everything the ketone says you should eat basically. Please help

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I pick up the frozen berries and cherries packs if they are in stock - as the cherries either inhibit the production or increase the excretion of uric acid - I had a painful toe a while back, just before indulging in rather a lot of cherries, and it faded away so I have always had them in the freezer from then on.
The mixture is quite low carb and I have a couple of small servings several times a week with cream.
You have done very well with your changes in levels - hopefully it is not going to result in gout.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
caused by Ketone diet and says not to eat everything the ketone says you should eat basically
Apple Cider Vinegar :)
My brother in law has gout and I helped him research it a while back we found Acetic Acid to be reported as hugely beneficial.
you find it in acidic fruits lemon, apples, grapes, oranges, pineapples, and strawberries etc.. and most vinegars.

Apple Cider Vinegar
Drinking apple cider vinegar breaks up the uric acid crystals and prevents them from reforming in the joints by aiding blood circulation and purification.
The acetic acid suppresses your appetite, increases your metabolism, and reduces water retention. And may help keep your blood sugar levels balanced even helps lower cholesterol.
IF you believe everything you read it will also cure bad breath, whiten your teeth and help you loose weight too. ;)

I have been drinking it with water every day for the last month, it seemed to have too may health benefits not to give it a go.
:bag:

If it helps I quickly pulled up an old website from when I was looking into this, it lists some foods which help some are part of Ketone diet some are not.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...cid-at-normal-levels/articleshow/20585546.cms

One of the things I did remember of the top of my head was drinking lots of water, but you should be doing that in Keto anyway are you drinking enough?

Hope that helps. :bag:

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you both very much! I knew some members would be able to help me. I will have a go at all the options. I have not seen frozen berry packs here but will have a look and see if I can buy them, I know I can get fresh berries. Apple cider vinegar will be easy and some of the other things too.
Thanks again

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks again
No worries.
I double checked with my brother in law and he changed from apple cider vinegar to green tea and lemon he prefers the taste, and in his words its a "double whamy". Green Tea helps clear up uric acid and lemon helps clear up uric acid.

Just to double check with you are drinking lots of water?
Just water alone will help dilute uric acid, but the real benefit is it will make you wee more which flushes uric acid out of you body.;)

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No worries.
I double checked with my brother in law and he changed from apple cider vinegar to green tea and lemon he prefers the taste, and in his words its a "double whamy". Green Tea helps clear up uric acid and lemon helps clear up uric acid.

Just to double check with you are drinking lots of water?
Just water alone will help dilute uric acid, but the real benefit is it will make you wee more which flushes uric acid out of you body.;)

What a good idea! Green tea is OK but with lemon in it, it will be good. I will get some. I have plenty of lemons but lemon in hot water in a bit sharp so that will also help that.

upload_2018-2-25_17-26-18.png
upload_2018-2-25_17-26-18.png:***: I am not drinking the 8-9 glasses a day as suggested on the link (I would never be able to leave the house). I do struggle with just water, after a couple of mouth fulls I choke :eek:(I know stupid), My sister is the same, we just cannot get it down us. I always have to have something in it i.e. slice of lemon or just a cup of tea.

Thanks for your help