Help please

jacko3469

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am having problems at the minute don’t know what to do I’m been feeling dizzy,tired and have a headache just as if I’m dehydrated and have not felt like this since I was put on insulin last year my bg readings are between 5-9 mainly I just don’t know what to do ?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @jacko3469, Just from my own experience as a diabetic, not as professional advice or opinion.
Getting an appointment to see your doctor, even if it is not straight away, might help to find a cause.
When unwell I measure my BSL to make sure it is not too low (below 3.6 mmol/l) and if so I treat that with gluco-tabs or any form of sweet. I check my temperature (38 degrees C or more is high). Of course if I feel worse and worse with no apparent cause I ask for a sooner appointment or an ambulance.
If I feel dizzy but can be walk, I get the local chemist to check my blood pressure.
I hope you feel better soon.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am having problems at the minute don’t know what to do I’m been feeling dizzy,tired and have a headache just as if I’m dehydrated and have not felt like this since I was put on insulin last year my bg readings are between 5-9 mainly I just don’t know what to do ?

I would make a gp appointment first and foremost. Have you lost weight since starting insulin? Do you check your BP?

ivan 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told by my endocrinologist whenever I feel bad to check blood sugar and blood pressure.
Those two conditions should be addressed immediately.
Then take the temperature - could be just a minor viral infection or flu.
If symptoms persist for a couple of hours and get worse see your GP.