Help re early morning exercise/food

SJW63

I'm type2 on Januvia and Bydureon, and about to start training for the Moonwalk (marathon length power-walk). I think the only way I'm going to fit so much walking into my hectic life is to walk very early morning before work.

I'm not sure what is best to do regarding food before and after my walks. I'm thinking it probably isn't good to walk on an empty stomach, equally I don't want indigestion (get enough of that with the Bydureon!). Initially I will be walking 2 miles, building to 5 miles on my early morning walks. The longer walks will be at more sociable hours at the weekends.

Any hints and tips appreciated.

Sue

Fallenstar

Hi SJW
Just wanted to say well done on going for the moonwalk :D you will have a lot of fun,organised events are great for raising money and also achieving goals...and staying fit :) I do a lot of marathons for Charity and it really does give you the feel good factor, so I'm chuffed for you.

Well my breakfasts will probably be a bit off the mark for you, as I low carb and run marathons easily on this lifestyle...against a lot of people's better judgement..but It works for me :D

When I did carb up before races, I used to have porridge but made with half milk ,half cream to prolong digestion to match my insulin. Then I would need gels and maybe a snack bar of sorts, this was running though at 7.30 min mile...so the gels you may not need, especially if you are not on insulin injections.Now I run like a good un on not a lot :lol:

Go for carbs but with fat to prolong absorption ,see if this works.

Hope you enjoy yourself and good luck