Help!!

Raisen22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
GUYYYYYYYYYYYYS

It was written down wrong!! It was supposed to be 1.3:1!!!!!

Holy moly in glad I've been called back, I should be annoyed it was written so clearly 1:3 but I'm just glad I've had it cleared up now.

Wish me luck I've now got to calculate 1.3:1 now, arrrgh give me strength!

Thank you to you all, it's been so lovely to chat to type 1's and hear all your thoughts and input! So greatly appreciated. Thanks to you all again,

Rachel x x

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm so glad you've got clarification now :)

Take care and enjoy your little one XX

Raisen22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
D*mn! I thought I'd cracked it then!

Seriously, every time a med person speaks to you, make them say it in full - "1 unit to 15grams of carbohydrate" or "1 unit to 2 carbohydrate portions". It makes a huge difference and I think sometimes people make assumptions and just say things without being clear.

My top tip for post-baby carb/insulin is to keep it very simple. I have the same breakfast every day and pretty much the same lunch. That's two meals I know will work ok. I also test lots and adjust as necessary - that is, either correct or eat a bite extra if going lower than normal.

Thank you - and congratulations on your baby too :) Diabetes and a baby is much harder than people realise unless they've done it!

Ahaha good thinking though!

I know, I'm usually quite good at getting them to explain but I think I was rushed out that appt and I feel so horrid at the minute I just took it and went with it! Hopefully as my blood improves I will get back to myself!

Simple is good, thanks for the tips!

Thank you, Absolutely, oh diabetes in general is a walk in the park to everyone who doesn't have it, and people seem to know a lot about it when they lecture you, it's mor than just injections and testing. It effects you emotionally too!

Anyway the mystery has been solved thank goodness!!

Reactions: 2 people

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you've sorted it, get straight onto your DSN if these adjustments don't work, hopefully they'll have better handwriting!

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
when I was pregnant I was 1iu for 1g after babs was born this increased to 1iu for 20g eventually getting up to 1iu for 35g but I was breastfeeding and hypoing all over the place. It eventually settled down and now I'm pretty much at 1 iu for 17g .