1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Herbal remedies

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by inked62, Oct 22, 2021.

1. inked62

inked62 · Member

Hi does anyone use herbal remedies alongside their medication
    I have read a lot on the subject and have started using herbal remedies alongside medication .
    Results are vague at the moment as I have just started
    Oh I have informed my clinician of this

2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

What herbal remedies are you using?

3. inked62

inked62 · Member

I’m using Gurmar leaf ,fenugreek ,milk thistle, nettle ,dandelion adding more eventually

4. inked62

inked62 · Member

Herbal remedies
    I’m using Gurmar leaf ,fenugreek ,milk thistle, nettle ,dandelion adding more eventually

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The only thing I have heard about herbal recipes is that cannabis oil (CBD) is the best, and that is from a health professional advice to me.

I know you can make a good alcoholicwine from nettles and dandelions, we have a thistle here called radium weed that is" supposed" to cure skin cancer.

6. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Expert

What do you want to achieve with them? I assume the milk thistle is for your liver? Dandelion for your veins? I've basically tried the bulk of these and I can barely remember what I took for what, but in the end, a low carb diet sorted more than the herbal (and expensive) remedies did. I will say that CBD oil does help me sleep when I am going through a bout of insomnia and such... Excellent stuff, but can't be taken with certain other meds like diazepam, so careful if you're on other things as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I used a food remedy and no longer use any medication.. just sayin...

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook