Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
well yes I know that... but then fatburning that is lowered a lot is I guess mostly a problem to the obese part of us type 2´s as we could become fatter and fatter and thereby adding a lot of in the end deady conditions , maybe more than those of us that are rather lean
There is absolutely no difference in the risk factors for T2 obese and T2 'normal' weight. Some posit the theory that slim/thin T2 are generally at a higher risk because it may taken a long time before diagnosis. The difference is the size and shape of the fat molecules and the area that they are stored.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was diagnosed with T2, I stopped drinking alcohol. Two months later, when the diet/exercise routine showed good results on my HbA1C, I resumed alcohol but at a very moderate level. It is now one glass (180ml) of dry red wine per day, most days, with a couple of days per week (usually weekends) with two glasses a day.

When I told my doctor that I'd resumed drinking he tut-tutted, warning me that those were "empty calories" and he said that if my HbA1C worsened, then wine should be the first thing to cut out. But as it happens, on the next test 3.5 months later, the A1C actually improved (and I did not gain weight). Obviously this was in spite of the wine, not because of it, but it does show that for some of us, moderate alcohol consumption is OK.

We all have different priorities. For me, a life with no alcohol at all is fairly horrible to contemplate. If my T2 worsens and it becomes medically essential to go tee-total I'll do it. Meanwhile, I'm happy slightly adjusting my food diet to leave a little bit of room for those carbs that are in the wine. Occasionally, every month or so, I even have a beer -- and make sure that it is a really good beer because if you are going to drink liquid bread, it might as well be the good stuff!