HGV and gliclizide

hoolyuk

Dislikes
Salad
Hello all....anyone know if is legal to keep driving while the DVLA carry out their investigations?

Looks like I will be progressing from Metformin to Gliclizide in the near future, HBA1C hasnt been that bad - think it was 55 under new readings the last time - but because of the dreaded "family history" they keep threatening to move me from metformin.

I have been reading up regarding what I am required to do if I do move to Gliclazide, but cant see anywhere that it mentions suspension of my licence...I would have thought the early days of any new medication would the most likely time to have an adverse reaction...

I will obviously be applying common sense and starting my meds on a Saturday to give me a couple of days to judge if it affects my ability to drive, but wondered if thereare any official guidelines I need to follow?

denbo

Hello all....anyone know if is legal to keep driving while the DVLA carry out their investigations?

Looks like I will be progressing from Metformin to Gliclizide in the near future, HBA1C hasnt been that bad - think it was 55 under new readings the last time - but because of the dreaded "family history" they keep threatening to move me from metformin.

I have been reading up regarding what I am required to do if I do move to Gliclazide, but cant see anywhere that it mentions suspension of my licence...I would have thought the early days of any new medication would the most likely time to have an adverse reaction...

I will obviously be applying common sense and starting my meds on a Saturday to give me a couple of days to judge if it affects my ability to drive, but wondered if thereare any official guidelines I need to follow?
I used to b on gliazide so u can drive on it but unfortunately I ad to go in insulin in 2008 yr ok to carry on it's only when u go in insulin u av to go through hoops to get ya Licence bk