Hi All

eggrush

Ok here is my first post, and I gota say I am really not taking this diabetes thing seriously, tonight one of our kids went to the sweet shop, I had a bag of jellys, a snickers bar, can of cream soda (full fat) and a few ciggys, I need to wake up from this attitude that I will be ok because deep down I know I am being a fool.

I've been a type one, 4 stabs a day person for 4 years now, I am 33, 16 stone and size 9 feet!, Great when it comes to injections but I am tending to think if I keep them regular and never miss one I will be ok, another thing I know deep down is c*ap.

I think I have come to a crossroads in my mind that if i don't change I am going to start to see some of these bad things that you read about.....I need a plan, a mindset to get me in line......any ideas?

I think I have not been accepting that I have this problem because all my life I have lead a sporty exsistance and diabetes feels alien still along with that nagging question....why me?

I have also 3 years prior to being diagnosed with diabetes I had a biopsy on my liver and was found to have a low liver count, so I cut out drinking and now I have it at a normal level again, I have the odd night out but have cut down drinking 99.9%.

So I am right in thinking, even if I want a drink I shouldn't on two fronts, so what could I have when I am out, I find this a hugh problem.

Thats part of my story anyway, I look forward to your comments good bad or whatever
but I will be back soon to see if I can contribute to these forums and take a good old fashioned kick up the backside.

Egg 8)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum,Egg. You want a kick up the back-side,well here it is...You have young children,do you want to see them grow up and be married etc???!!You have to start taking your diabetes seriously or you risk the complications associated with diabetes.OK that's the kick.On the plus side you've come to the right place for help and answers.We can help you get on track and take control of your diabetes a bit better but it does require you to work at it,get the right mind set and hopefully give you every chance of a long and healthier life.Ask a lot of questions ,that's what we're here for!!There's always someone with the answer.

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Take control asap

Attachments

• kickss.jpg
    kickss.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 346