Hi....another newbie x

stellson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I've been reading the forum and all your messages and advice for a few months now and that's me just plucked up the courage to post a mesaage myself...I'm a 35 year old mum of two and been T1 diabetic since the age of 17. It's been a rollercoater 18 years for me all starting with ignoring, rebelling against my condition until one day out of the blue I realised that no one else is going to look after me so I better start. I have an hba1c of 43 and I'm just starting on my pump in a couple of weeks. Such hard work and def gets me down sometimes but I'll not let it beat me....I never try to be perfect, just do the best I can, my problem is I love cards argh!!! To all those young girls out there.....please don't be frightened, take control and like I said, never try to be perfect, just do your best, ive had two beautiful healthy children and life can be as normal as everyone else's....you've just got a bit more work to do x

stellson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't just mean girls lol...apologies, I was just thinking about how hard pregnancy was at that point.....what a great place to share and help each other xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @stellson :)

I've been Type 1 for 22 years and had a pump for 12 of those years. It changed my life and made me feel normal again. I hope you get on as well with yours when you get it :)

stellson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aw thank you so much...a bit apprehensive but excited, I seem to not need as much insulin through the night so hopefully this should sort it out. I had a bad hypo last year where I took a seizure....I was a bit complacent and thought I had it so under control.....I'm so scare of being hyper I tend to over do it x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aw thank you so much...a bit apprehensive but excited, I seem to not need as much insulin through the night so hopefully this should sort it out. I had a bad hypo last year where I took a seizure....I was a bit complacent and thought I had it so under control.....I'm so scare of being hyper I tend to over do it x

Pumps are perfect for precise basal doses. My basal needs vary a lot during the night and my pump matches that very well.

Sorry you had a seizure - how horrible for you. Hopefully the pump will allow you to get tight control without risking anything like that again.

stellson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The diabetic team at my hospital are very good, always available so I feel lucky, it's rally hard with two young kids as I tend to grab food on the go...my husband is great and always there but just so nice to speak with people qho actually go through the same, makes me feel I'm not alone... onwards and upwards lol x

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.

I am not on a pump-just injections but I have the opposite problem-I fear hypos so much I do not let myself get low enough very often, I'm working on it and have found seeing the posts of other morning readings very helpful.

stellson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'll let you all know how my transition to the pump goes.....I must admit I'm a bit scared. Aw swusa it's so difficult...I find myself feeding the insulin....sometimes I don't eat at all in a day just to keep my level good x