Hi anyone with ulcers please get in touch so I can no more about them

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi need more information on foot ulcers
Foot ulcers in diabetics are usually a reason to get in touch with a medical professional. Not something to keep walking around with (if one can even walk with them), it's something to get looked at as fast as possible. They can get out of hand when blood sugar control is poor, and/or if there's neuropathy present, so... Not a wait-and-see kind of thing. If it's bad, try ringing 111 and ask whether you should go to A&E.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Foot ulcers in diabetics are usually a reason to get in touch with a medical professional. Not something to keep walking around with (if one can even walk with them), it's something to get looked at as fast as possible. They can get out of hand when blood sugar control is poor, and/or if there's neuropathy present, so... Not a wait-and-see kind of thing. If it's bad, try ringing 111 and ask whether you should go to A&E.
Thank you for the reply, I have been off my feet for the last 7months and unable to work ,I do attend the hospital once a week to get my dressing changed, what I would like to know is 1) is it classed as a disability? 2) will I ever be able to work again ? 3) and will I ever get my life back to normal going out and about in the fresh air getting exercise
Garry

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for the reply, I have been off my feet for the last 7months and unable to work ,I do attend the hospital once a week to get my dressing changed, what I would like to know is 1) is it classed as a disability? 2) will I ever be able to work again ? 3) and will I ever get my life back to normal going out and about in the fresh air getting exercise
Garry
I am sorry that you are suffering. What do they say at the hospital? If they have seen you for seven months, have the hospital staff noticed any improvements?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes there is improvement, I did get the all clear to go back to work I went back for 4 shifts and it broke down again,so it does heal. I need to go through an operation to unblock the blood in my knee so hopefully the blood will get to my toe and will heal better the hospital has put me down as urgent so. Hopefully not to long.how are you and you dealing with things?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you're having such a rough time @fotheringham61 I don't think anyone on the forum can answer your last 2 questions. The vascular surgeon is probably the person who is best placed to help you, but I hope you get your operation soon, and that your foot heals well when the blood supply is hopefully improved.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM and Antje77