Hi everyone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last August and this was the very first app I found when I was searching the Google play store for a diabetes support app.
I'm coping OK with my diabetes and trying my best to avoid or cut down on things that I need to, but it's difficult.

Jakeinhd1995

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last August and this was the very first app I found when I was searching the Google play store for a diabetes support app.
I'm coping OK with my diabetes and trying my best to avoid or cut down on things that I need to, but it's difficult.
One of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with...especially when I used to love food! Was a huge foodie...but got to cut out all my comforts ( maybe for the best )

I was only diagnosed this year ( February ) and everything just spiralled from there...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a change in diet, and it sounds relatively easy. But when you consider that many people associate foods with more than just nutrition... Love, comfort, safety, pleasure... Having to cut certain things out that might have triggered a sweet nostalgia, especially around the holidays, can be a bit tough. It's easy enough to get a diet sorted out, it's the emotional aspect that gives us a hard time, aside from the whole carbs-trigger-the-same-bit-in-the-brain-as-hard-drugs-do. They're literally addictive. So yeah... Do cut yourself a bit of a break. Hang in there and keep trying. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might help a little, but all in all... We've all been there. You're not alone. And as we say in the Netherlands: Alle begin is moeilijk. All starts are rocky, basically. It takes a little while to get into the swing of things. But you will.

Hugs,
Jo