hi from across the ocean

johnnyangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi I am from montreal canada. I was diagnosed with prediabetes in 2015 and t2d in 2017. when first diagnosed (pre) I was told to exercise to lose weight and eat whole wheat pasta and brown rice and to reduce the sugars. I went to see a nutritionist who put me on a low fat-calorie counting regiment. obviously I did not lose the weight and I progressed to full blown diabetes a couple of yrs later. obviously I was quite discouraged with the whole thing and I getting real nervous ad to what lied ahead for me. doing some research on the internet I came across denis pollock as well as dr Jason fung both on you tube and both preaching the virtues of low carb lifestyle. I came to find out about this forum through one of Jason fung's lectures. needless to say I embarked on low carb with a passion after reading lots of what members had to say about their experiences n this forum. my a1c has droped from a high of 7.4 to 5.6 taken a few months ago. thanks

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IF I made a mistake in life it was not moving to Canada. I love the place. Spent 6 months on Rue Cherrier in Montreal in the late 70s, a few doors down from Park La Fontaine. Ah, memories!
Anyhow, enough of that, as far as I can see you're progressing really well.
Low carb is good (I'm T2) if you believe many people on here, which I do.
Exercise helps me.
You on any medication?
Keep going!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi I am from montreal canada. I was diagnosed with prediabetes in 2015 and t2d in 2017. when first diagnosed (pre) I was told to exercise to lose weight and eat whole wheat pasta and brown rice and to reduce the sugars. I went to see a nutritionist who put me on a low fat-calorie counting regiment. obviously I did not lose the weight and I progressed to full blown diabetes a couple of yrs later. obviously I was quite discouraged with the whole thing and I getting real nervous ad to what lied ahead for me. doing some research on the internet I came across denis pollock as well as dr Jason fung both on you tube and both preaching the virtues of low carb lifestyle. I came to find out about this forum through one of Jason fung's lectures. needless to say I embarked on low carb with a passion after reading lots of what members had to say about their experiences n this forum. my a1c has droped from a high of 7.4 to 5.6 taken a few months ago. thanks
Sounds like you got the same advice as I got, over here in the Netherlands. When I ballooned on her high carb, low fat nonsense, the dietician told me I'd just have to get used to being fat, as I was "just one of those people who couldn't lose weight". Not on her diet, I couldn't! (At that point I didn't know my blood sugars were off, nor that she could be quite wrong). Fung and compatriots made all the difference here too. Anyway, welcome, and well done!

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing results on your HbAic, what's it like to be normal again ?

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welome

congratulations on a great result- just a shame so many of us get incorrect advice from the medical profession.