1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hi I’m Danielle I’m new on here

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Littlelest, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Littlelest

Littlelest Type 1 · Newbie

I am looking for help with my miaomiao. I have an I phone 6 and an Apple Watch series 3. I’ve heard I need to get spike but you can only log in with Facebook and I don’t have an account! Any advice?

• Like Like x 3
  2. ElkBond

ElkBond Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I believe Spike is currently in a bit of pickle with Apple rules. I haven't checked in a while but it seems like they are finding a work around.
    You may need to make an account to keep up to date with this matter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Littlelest -- welcome to the forum -- hopefully some spike / iphone users will be along -to add to what elkbond said.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Hi lovely, you need to go to Spike-app.com and follow the instructions on there for the semi-manual installation - you’ll need a computer to do this. Support is via the Facebook group, but it’s free to join so is worth setting up and account even if that’s the only thing you use it for :)

Failing that, download an app called Tomato from the usual App Store. It’s a very basic app, but will collect data from your MiaoMiao.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi and welcome @Littlelest :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Littlelest

Thank you that’s a big help. Diabetes management has become so much more technical and I struggle to keep up!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Littlelest

Hi thank you for the warm welcome

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook