Hi, I am Raymond.

raymond123

Dislikes
tv
I am Raymond. I was diagnosed Type 2 several years ago .BG has been within limits until this year but has now started to rise to average 11. Nurse tells me to get it down by Christmas.Any advice please?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya raymond and welcome,
what kind of diet do u have on a daily basis?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Welcome Raymond.
There are many types of diet which may help you to get better control of your Bg levels. Nearly all of the best ones encompass some form of carbohydrate reduction. You need to work out which best suits you taking into account any other medical conditions you may have.

I have tried low carbing but moved over to low GI/GL with low fat, low salt. That has worked very well for me getting Bg levels 98% on target and also helping me to lose over 5 1/2 stone.
Whichever route you decide on you will get plenty of good advice on the Forum.

Some moderate daily exercise helps as well.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Raymond,

Good advice from Cugila and agree that carb reduction is the way forward. Have a read round the forum and feel free to come back and ask questions, there are many type 2's on here with excellent diabetes control who will be only too happy to offer you advice.

Nigel

merlot

Hello Raymond
Advice? ok, mine would be...
Exercise.
Except on your birthday and Xmas dont eat cakes, biscuits, soft drinks, sweetened cereals, puddings, jams, boiled sweets, products with white flour or a lot of added sugar.
Exercise.
Eat less of rice, pasta, potatoes & bread (and when you do have them switch to brown rice, wholewheat pasta/bread)
Exercise
Eat more of leafy and 'colourful' veg (raw as in salad or quick cooked as in stir fry), lean meats, nuts, eggs, yoghurt (plain or with your own berries added), beans, lentils.
Exercise
In moderation, wine, beer, (with meals), dark chocolate, fruit, coffee, green/black tea,
Exercise.

What of these do you eat/drink or do already?

raymond123

Dislikes
tv
thank you for replies. my failing is bread (high quality brown) but other wise diet is satisactory. diabetic neurophothy plus sciatica plus coronary heart disease limit exercise . thank you all.