Hi new to forum

Scoop4

I have been type 1 diabetic for 17 years and have only talked with other diabetics at clinic nice to know am not alone with problems I am suffering with. Have recently had to medically retire from my job after 20 years due to my diabetes and complications. Feeling a little lost hope you all can help with a little support. Look forward to this new experience.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Scoop and welcome to the forum :) You will meet many people who you can get to know and share your experiences with. What kind of support do you need - whatever you want to know you will find it here.

Scoop4

The support I need is just an chance to talk to people who are just like me as its something I feel will b of a great help. I am looking forward to talking to every one.

Sunny

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Scoop4 & welcome. I too have been medically retired from the career I absolutely loved (midwife) - although not because of my diabetes but other conditions. So hard to cope with at first - hated my body for letting me down so & felt so useless when previously I felt as if I made a difference to people!!
I'm sure you'll find good support/ advice on here.

Scoop4

Sunny. Thanks for expressing exactly how I feel I managed being diabetic for 10 years with out a problem. I raised two young children and worked part time I felt I was super women but these past few years the cracks started to show and my body has failed due to complications that I was told I wouldn't suffer as my diabetes on paper is perfect. I am not glad you know how I feel as its not nice but I am glad I have heard from someone who know what it's like. Thank

nickynoo63

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi im new to this site got diagnoised with type 2 in oct 2011 it was abig shock as i have had it 2 years and it has now caused me a lot of complications

Scoop4

Welcome to the forum u will find a lot of help and support on here about your diabetes and the complication you are suffering from.