Hi

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Again today i have tried to finger prick before my tea so i could test after, 4 fails later i gave up :( i run my hands under the hot top, massaged the tips and still not enough blood, how am i supposed to test?:arghh:

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What setting is your lancet on? Should read 1-5 around the top bit there's an arrow pointing to the current setting @goosey39
It was on 5 before as DN said to have about there, but as i was struggling i turned it upto 7 and still not working:( i have a big body , but small skiny fingers

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Press the lancing device quite hard on your finger.. I use the side rather than the tip.
Ping the pinger and squeeze.. have your strip out and ready to insert into the monitor then try to scoop up the bead of blood onto the strip. The strip should be in the meter before you scoop.

Reactions: goosey39

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Press the lancing device quite hard on your finger.. I use the side rather than the tip.
Ping the pinger and squeeze.. have your strip out and ready to insert into the monitor then try to scoop up the bead of blood onto the strip. The strip should be in the meter before you scoop.
Thanks yes i always put in the meter first and do the sides rather than the tip as this is what she said, but as it wasnt working thought i would try the tip, that still didnt work either :banghead:i will try tomorrow pressing harder and see what happens, thankyou

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find that one hand is better than the other for getting blood. Have you tried the other hand?

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried that but still sod all :bigtears: as 7 is the highest it goes

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find the sides of my little fingers produce a better globule than any of the others

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Try with your hands warm (under the hot tap) .. sqeezing the skin around the needle site .. or pressing hard with your thumb below the needle site and moving upwards to push drop of blood out

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try with your hands warm (under the hot tap) .. sqeezing the skin around the needle site .. or pressing hard with your thumb below the needle site and moving upwards to push drop of blood out
Thanks, i will get there one way or another trying all these methods :)

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yippeee friggind dooooooooooo:happy: i just tried as been 2 hrs since first bite , although i dont know what it was before but i had SW chicken curry with some rice and a small naan bread and its 6.7 :)
I had one fail and tried again in little finger and it worked:happy: