Hiatus hernia

Anniemona

Hi there. Am really desperately looking for advice. My mum ( diabetes suffered for 60 years) was diagnosed as having a hiatus hernia last year. She has experienced a lot of discomfort since which doesn’t seem to be easing. She had camera put down last November which leg to diagnosis. This week however they have put the camera down again and say they have found an obstruction. They have take biopsies to send away. Can this be linked to the hernia?
It’s also taking a while for her to absorb sugar lately when her blood is dropping. Could this be Linked too? Any advice would be much appreciated.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't advise on hernias but erratic or raised glucose levels can be caused by illness.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi there. Am really desperately looking for advice. My mum ( diabetes suffered for 60 years) was diagnosed as having a hiatus hernia last year. She has experienced a lot of discomfort since which doesn’t seem to be easing. She had camera put down last November which leg to diagnosis. This week however they have put the camera down again and say they have found an obstruction. They have take biopsies to send away. Can this be linked to the hernia?
It’s also taking a while for her to absorb sugar lately when her blood is dropping. Could this be Linked too? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hiatus hernia can form because of many causes. I would advise you to ask your GP, what is going on and what can be done to stop the inflammation that is causing the obstruction, for me, I was told to eat and drink certain foods that would not irritate the hernia.
I was also diagnosed with Heliocobacter Pylori in my stomach. It could be both of these that is causing so many symptoms and problems.
Does it feel as though it could have been an ulcer?

If it is, antibiotics are beneficial for the treatment of both, but again your doctor will help you.
But, I will always say, if you are having digestive problems then eating lower carb meals will always help especially with blood glucose levels.

Best wishes