High Bg without eating what is the solution ?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi
I have a liver discharge problem and I do not know how to get rid of it
I have read that biguanides prevent liver discharge
I also became quite aware that my problem with the liver was not insulin or cell resistance
Of course, I do not ignore insulin resistance after continuous blood glucose increases
Do you think this is a logical explanation or am I just imagining it?

Attachments

• IMG_20171207_095720.JPG
    IMG_20171207_095720.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 117

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always found Dr Jason's Fung explanation to be useful.
https://idmprogram.com/dawn-phenomenon-t2d-8/

Think about it this way. The Dawn Phenomenon is simply moving sugar from body stores (liver) into the blood. That’s it. If your body stores are filled to bursting, then you will expel as much of that sugar as possible. By itself it is neither good nor bad. It is simply a marker that your body has too much sugar. Solution? Simple. Either don’t put any sugar in (LCHF) or burn it off (Fasting). Even better? LCHF + IF.

Reactions: Incyb and HICHAM_T2

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
High BG without eating?

Simples.

Eat something!

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: HICHAM_T2

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I think you did not understand the subject well unfortunately

Possibly what you wrote is not the correct English for what you wanted to write?

If you are not eating and your BG is continuing to rise (as is regularly posted on this forum, especially by the newly diagnosed) the answer is usually not to starve yourself until your BG comes down (which is the first instinctive reaction).
This very often doesn't work because your body is in panic mode and using emergency reserves to keep your BG up, and may eventually start metabolising muscle to release the glucose that isn't coming in from food, once the liver has dumped its all.

The best first response to "I'm not eating anything and my BG is still rising!!" is "Well, eat something then.". People are usually surprised when their BG goes down after eating as it is counter intuitive.

Reactions: urbanracer

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Possibly what you wrote is not the correct English for what you wanted to write?

If you are not eating and your BG is continuing to rise (as is regularly posted on this forum, especially by the newly diagnosed) the answer is usually not to starve yourself until your BG comes down (which is the first instinctive reaction).
This very often doesn't work because your body is in panic mode and using emergency reserves to keep your BG up, and may eventually start metabolising muscle to release the glucose that isn't coming in from food, once the liver has dumped its all.

The best first response to "I'm not eating anything and my BG is still rising!!" is "Well, eat something then.". People are usually surprised when their BG goes down after eating as it is counter intuitive.
This is a nice response from you thank you