High Blood Pressure and a Niacin Flush with no Niacin..

G0ldengirl68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Icy, cold winds where I live, when I want to be outside ;)
..and I am wondering what in the world is happening to my body!

I went to emergency yesterday morning with a bad case of shakes, and an all over headache (not pounding). Got the pulse, BP and temperature check then got sent back out to waiting room for 2 hours, felt better so I went home. My blood pressure was 170 over something like I think it was 110 but they would not give me the numbers again. I know I'm sounding confused because I am overwhelmed with all the changes/weird goings on with my health.

So this a.m. I get a 124 which is good according to my doctor and dietician. I'm in US so sorry about the numbers being different than UK. I at breakfast: 2 eggs, spinach (fresh from farm garden), and Monterey Jack cheese. All things I ate yesterday a.m. as well. So get high BP yesterday, and today I get a Niacin Flush (hot itchy head first, then arms, then legs. It is now subsiding after about 30 minutes. I'm a basket case trying to get help, clinic is closed, the hospital is over run, literally so I don't want to go unless I feel I need to have an ambulance carry my butt down there.

Has anyone ever had any of these things for no "apparent" reason?

Type 2 Diabetes - No Metformin just diet and exercise, last HB1AC 7.0
High cholestrol - 330
High trycliderides
High blood pressure for first time in 68 years (last checked last night with friends BP cuff at 152/85

Any feedback more than welcome. I can contact clinic again on Monday, and will do that definitely

Reactions: akccoll

G0ldengirl68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Long shot but have you had a recent Covid vaccination?
No, not enough available til March again. I'm totally clueless as to what did it.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Just wondered cos a friend who is immunosuppressed developed incredibly high BP in the week after vaccination.

G0ldengirl68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just wondered cos a friend who is immunosuppressed developed incredibly high BP in the week after vaccination.
Sorry to hear that. Every single person, which there is about half I know of that live here, that have gotten the vaccine, all have side effects, some sick for a couple of days, 2 with lumps under their arm pit but more close to breast. I doubt any of us will hear of the worst cases seen.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Fortunately I also know many people who have had no side effects at all!
I hope you are feeling better.