High blood pressure

Stephanie 1233

I went to doctors last Friday they took my blood pressure was 145/94. so i was shocked she checked it 8 times and wasn't happy with my result. so I got another's doctors appointment on Tuesday for another check up I bit worried about it. I am also worried as I am diabetic type 2.

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to doctors last Friday they took my blood pressure was 145/94. so i was shocked she checked it 8 times and wasn't happy with my result. so I got another's doctors appointment on Tuesday for another check up I bit worried about it. I am also worried as I am diabetic type 2.
OK that isn't terrible....
Honestly.
To give some perspective mine was 180 over 120 (at 45 yrs of age). That's really bad, exploding brain high, only symptom was dizziness when lying down.
Yours is high, however, the top number is the one most associated with bad outcomes and 140 is top normal so you're not far off. The bottom one is more elevated (80 or even 75 being a target high number).
Yes T2 is associated with high blood pressure. All part of metabolic disease.
So what to do?
1. Tackle hyperinsulinemia (cut carbs)
2. Keep hydrated
3. Exercise
4. Look into magnesium and potassium supplements

There are very effective meds for high blood pressure now. ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers are often prescribed. I've been on these for 10 years with no side effects. I'm currently trying to drop them with the above actions, it's a work in progress......

So sorry you're having to deal with yet another thing (I really relate to that). Better to know and manage than not know. Good luck with the next appointment, I find it helps to write down all questions before as otherwise I forget :)
Hugs.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Stephanie, are you able to buy your own BP monitor?, that way you can check it at different times of the day when you're not stressed! I can't imagine anyone's blood pressure going DOWN after the Drs checked it 8 times, a little ridiculous of the Dr in my opinion. x

Weehotty

I find that when my sugars are out of control you can scrub of my bp ... my last bunch at home were 165/115 ... my doc has just changed my bp meds so fx .. hows ur sugars

Reactions: Stephanie 1233

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My doctor recommended getting my own blood pressure monitor and taking readings at home. I have an Omron M2 basic which was about £25 on Amazon. At my annual review I give them an average of a few readings and they put that in my record. Without the stress of getting to the surgery and finding somewhere to park I now have normal blood pressure.

Reactions: Stephanie 1233

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bet they did not adhere to the guidelines for time between tests and did everything possible to elevate the readings. The nurse at my surgery pressed the metal bit into my arm and pulled so the skin is nipped. At least she did until I offered to show her the way to tighten the cuff properly. I practiced getting a low reading after I bought my own tester. All that transcendental meditation back in the hippy days was some use after all.