Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Are you sick as illness can raise numbers? Also what have you eaten? Have you been less active than usual?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi can any one help blood sugar reading in 10 s 11 s all day how to get back down to 5 s 6 s
Hello Hollysnowman,

You're not giving us much to go on. I assume you're a T2, as that was flagged in the post? We don't know what you did today, what your day/night looked like, what medication you're on, how long you've been diagnosed and how you're treated. Whether you're ill right now, or in a place where it's hot (I know with the current Dutch weather my sugars are bouncing up and down again)... There could be a bunch of reasons for high bloodsugars. Go and have a read here and see whether you can figure out yourself why you might be high. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/

After you've read that, you may know why you were high to begin with. Did you eat a lot of carbs, for instance? If you're low carbing and/or medicated, it could be something else entirely. Are you on medication like statins or steroids? Do you have an inflammation or a cold? Those things can raise your bloodsugars. If you're testing high in the morning it could be dawn phenomenon. (Or something seemingly healthy like breakfast oats, porridge or cereal). Are you sleeping alright? Stress and/or insomnia can raise bloodsugars too. You don't have to answer any of these questions if you don't want to, but answer them for yourself to eliminate possible causes. Also, you could tell us what you ate, so we can see what the culprits may be, if the blog I linked isn't giving you any clarity. We can help, but we do need more information.

Normally, what I'd do if I went up for food-related reasons, is go for a brisk walk, as long as I can do it, or step onto a little fitness thingamajig I've got at home if I can't leave the house. I try to burn it off with not-too-strenuous activity, as overdoing it will trigger the liver to dump glucose and that'll just make numbers rise more.

Hope this helps!
Jo

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi can any one help blood sugar reading in 10 s 11 s all day how to get back down to 5 s 6 s

It would help us all to give appropriate responses if you could complete your profile details to show your type of diabetes, treatment, and medications. If you use the app you will need to log in on your browser to the website and do it from there. Top right of the page you will see your user name. Hover over that and select personal details then scroll down and select type of diabetes, treatment, and medications. Thanks.