High blood sugars not coming down

_Rml1423

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi .My husbands blood sugar was good after his amputation in September until after Christmas .His blood sugar went to 9 in a morning gradually to 18 , increasing by. 1 every week. The Hba1c came back at 71 in March. He was on metformin and gliclazide 80 mg bd. He is now on gliclazide 120 mg bd and trijenta which was stepped up a month ago and his blood sugar in a morning is still 14. Can anyone help with what we are doing wrong

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi .My husbands blood sugar was good after his amputation in September until after Christmas .His blood sugar went to 9 in a morning gradually to 18 , increasing by. 1 every week. The Hba1c came back at 71 in March. He was on metformin and gliclazide 80 mg bd. He is now on gliclazide 120 mg bd and trijenta which was stepped up a month ago and his blood sugar in a morning is still 14. Can anyone help with what we are doing wrong
Have there been any dietary changes? Did any new medication get added since for other conditions?
https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- this might help with foods some, though with his current medication, the risk of a hypo on a low carb diet is very real. So if you change anything, make sure there's loads of testing being done, and any required adjustments made to his meds should low carb be sustainable/workable.
Hugs,
Jo

Reactions: Hopeful34 and JAT1