High Blood Sugars

lizbet9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i woke this morning to bloods of 12.9 had one crumpet and took 2 metformin and 13 units of novo rapid, went to work (cleaning 2 houses for 6 hours) missed lunch had a cheese omelette and one small new potatoe so didn't take any insulin but had 2 more metformin, took my bloods at 7:30 they were 17.3 so took a correction dose of novo rapid (6 units) took my bloods again at 10:30 and they were 14 so took an additional correction dose of 4 units novo rapid and 60 units of levemir - don't know what's going on as I've always been very well controlled

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
i woke this morning to bloods of 12.9 had one crumpet and took 2 metformin and 13 units of novo rapid, went to work (cleaning 2 houses for 6 hours) missed lunch had a cheese omelette and one small new potatoe so didn't take any insulin but had 2 more metformin, took my bloods at 7:30 they were 17.3 so took a correction dose of novo rapid (6 units) took my bloods again at 10:30 and they were 14 so took an additional correction dose of 4 units novo rapid and 60 units of levemir - don't know what's going on as I've always been very well controlled

Hi. I don't take meds for my diabetes and am a bit lost with all the novo rapid stuff, correction etc...so it may well be to do with getting that balance bang on in relation to missing a meal...liver dump...strenuous activity etc...but if your levels are normally a bit lower than this, have you considered you may have a small infection?