1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

High Bs

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Habeeb, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Habeeb

Habeeb · Newbie

I am doing lchf for the last 3.5 years. I was having fbs 200 with 4 pills. I reduced medicines to 1 no. Metformin 1000 mg. But fbs is not becoming normal. Still it is between 150 and 180. Sgpt, triglycerides, hdl, weight, waist etc became normal. But sugar.... what to do?

2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

How low is the carb in your lchf? Some of the T2s here have to go very low to achieve decent fbs (it seems to be the last thing to return to normal).

Alternatively, how long have you been T2? Were you ever tested for T1/LADA? Some people get an initial misdiagnosis of T2 because their doctor assumes anyone over a certain age is automatically T2.

Good luck, hopefully some more informed T2s will post soon.

ps it might be worth putting your country in your profile, as doctors in different countries have different protocols...

3. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Habeeb , and welcome to the forum!
    I agree with Ellie, could you tell us what you've eaten and drunk yesterday? Perhaps we can spot some hidden carbs there.
    Why were your pills reduced if you're still having high blood sugars?
    Good luck, stay safe!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook