Type 2 High Fat and Low Carb er’s Beware!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I am vegan and do not see that your restrictions are anything to do with a vegan diet (which by definition you do not follow as you eat animal flesh). However, that aside, are you excluding tofu and seitan on purpose? They are both high protein, low fat foods and can be cooked in so very many different ways.

I see you don't eat fruit much and I understand that choice; I eat berries and the occasional apple but not much other fruit. Again, I assume the lack of veg and salad is for medical reasons?

If you eating chicken you absolutely are not classified as veggie or vegan so there is no reason as far as I can see not to eat other animal products. If you eat chicken you may as well eat eggs, or any other meat or fish.

Your diet sounds low residue to me, and a low residue/low fat diet is highly restrictive. If you are following this diet for medical reasons I would visit a dietician recommended by your consultant and see if they have more suggestions for you.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. My wife has CKD and when she asked the kidney consultant about reducing proteins he said there was no need to as proteins were not an issue.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am vegan and do not see that your restrictions are anything to do with a vegan diet (which by definition you do not follow as you eat animal flesh). However, that aside, are you excluding tofu and seitan on purpose? They are both high protein, low fat foods and can be cooked in so very many different ways.

I see you don't eat fruit much and I understand that choice; I eat berries and the occasional apple but not much other fruit. Again, I assume the lack of veg and salad is for medical reasons?

If you eating chicken you absolutely are not classified as veggie or vegan so there is no reason as far as I can see not to eat other animal products. If you eat chicken you may as well eat eggs, or any other meat or fish.

Your diet sounds low residue to me, and a low residue/low fat diet is highly restrictive. If you are following this diet for medical reasons I would visit a dietician recommended by your consultant and see if they have more suggestions for you.

What is low residue?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Guzzler - with a low residue diet you are aiming for as little fibre/roughage as possible in the diet. It is designed to minimise bowel movements. My dad had bowel cancer and from the time of diagnosis to surgery he had to follow this diet. I recall that he could eat veg grown below the ground but it had to be peeled. No cabbage/cauli type veggies, no beans, pulses or anything else that encourages bulky bowel movements.

However, he was expected to have cream, cheese, and easy-to-digest meat, I remember mum swirling cream into soup, and sprinkling mashed spuds with grated cheese. She had to peel all the veg too.

ETA - I can't remember much more than that - sorry. I didn't live with them at that time, and am going from visits and phone conversations.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Dad wasn't told to have a low fat diet though - just very low fibre.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Guzzler - with a low residue diet you are aiming for as little fibre/roughage as possible in the diet. It is designed to minimise bowel movements. My dad had bowel cancer and from the time of diagnosis to surgery he had to follow this diet. I recall that he could eat veg grown below the ground but it had to be peeled. No cabbage/cauli type veggies, no beans, pulses or anything else that encourages bulky bowel movements.

However, he was expected to have cream, cheese, and easy-to-digest meat, I remember mum swirling cream into soup, and sprinkling mashed spuds with grated cheese. She had to peel all the veg too.

ETA - I can't remember much more than that - sorry. I didn't live with them at that time, and am going from visits and phone conversations.

Thank you.