High Libre 2 BG Results

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
I have just transitioned from Libre 1 to Libre 2 sensors, and am finding the blood glucose readings have shot up! Whereas before, on the Libre 1 sensors, the readings generally tended to read lower than finger pricks, about 1.5 mmoles usually, now I find the opposite is happening. Yesterday morning my Libre reading was 12.1 which I have not known since the beginning of my diagnosis in 2019!
Is anyone else having similar experiences?
Also, apparently Abbot will send a new Reader free of charge so that the alarm system can work, but that application process seemed a bit unclear. I hope it works....
I anyone else experiencing unusual readings from the new sensors?
Abbot claim that their new sensors are more accurate. That might be the case, but it is a bit of a turnaround that Libre readings are now higher than FP (by perhaps an even
higher differential than they were LOWER, previously!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When was your sensor inserted and started?
I transitioned to Libre 2 a few months back.
The main difference I found was that it takes longer to settle down when first inserted.
With LIbre 1, I needed to insert the sensor at least 24 hours before starting to avoid the noisy start. With LIbre 2, I ned to insert it at least 2 days, preferably 3 days, before starting.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
The main difference I found was that it takes longer to settle down when first inserted.
With LIbre 1, I needed to insert the sensor at least 24 hours before starting to avoid the noisy start. With LIbre 2, I ned to insert it at least 2 days, preferably 3 days, before starting.

Hi, In Response,
Thanks.
The New Sensor 2 was inserted and started on Tuesday. So, possibly it simply needs time to settle down. It has been a bit shocking though!

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1

I have been using the Freestyle Libra 2 for 12 weeks now and it does take some getting used to after nearly 40 years of finger pricking. Yes, sometimes the readings are higher than My accu-chek but now I rarely bother to do both. I have had problems with the alarms not working on a couple of the sensors. A long round and round discussion with someone on the helpline who insisted I had to have the signal loss alarm on, it was going off so frequently I turned it off. Can't see any reason for having yet more alarms going off all the time.
The other day I must have missed out my lunchtime injection, the high glucose alarm should go off at BG above 10.00, I thought I was high and it didn't alarm until I was 23.6! An unusual error on my part I should add.
I'm finding that a before bed reading of 7 I have to have a piece of bread to take me through the night. I've had nights of low glucose when the alarm wakes me up 4 times and it's so easy to overdo the lucozade when it keeps going off.
Generally very positive but interesting to see how much my BG fluctuates over 24 hours.
I've very fit, exercise a lot and my HbA1C is 42 so I generall know what I'm doing.

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I've not encountered this problem at all. What have encountered, was something I encountered with Libre 1, which is that some Sensors are just better than others.