Type 1 High Post-prandial levels after breakfast

gayanper

Hi I have been a type 1 diabetic patient for over 20 years now. I start with Novo Mixstard 30 when I was living in SriLanka.
But recently I moved into sweden and my insulin regime was change to Lantus and NovoRapid. actually right now i'm using Toujeo SoloStar and NovoRapid.

The problem I have right now is how much insulin I use in the morning doesn't bring down my Post-prandial levels. I started with 20 units and now i'm injecting 32 units. Still its more than 9. And the fasting is around 5-6 normally.

In the morning I used to eat 3 slices of Whole Grain bread or Whole Grain Oats. I didn't had this problem when I was using Mixtard 30.

To bring the Post-prandial down i always needs to take 2 or 4 units after 2 hours and by lunch time it will be around 5 - 6. I don't have this problem with my lunch doze. If I eat a carb lunch, like rice or pasta I will inject around 20 - 24 which keeps me around 6-7 Post-prandial. And at night the same diet 3 slices of break I inject 28 units, otherwise my fasting is high. Seems like my Break and Oats have a problem with my insulin regime.

By the way I'm getting Toujeo 38 units at night as well.

I only have this problem in mornings. What should I do, should I increase the morning doze ?