High sugars

livi2006

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My baby has just turned one.pre pregnancy my does were around 12-20 units novo rapid 3 times daily. During pregnancy your doses rise after I had my baby my Doses remain high I’ve found it hard to reduce them to keep my sugars under control. I’m currently takin between 40-50 units 3 times daily. Having access weight would prob be the issue. Has anyone any advice thanks

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My baby has just turned one.pre pregnancy my does were around 12-20 units novo rapid 3 times daily. During pregnancy your doses rise after I had my baby my Doses remain high I’ve found it hard to reduce them to keep my sugars under control. I’m currently takin between 40-50 units 3 times daily. Having access weight would prob be the issue. Has anyone any advice thanks

Am I reading you right, you're a T2 on insulin? Just checking, because otherwise I might be giving nonsensical advice. Couple of things: Have you tried a low carb diet at any point in the past? It should lessen your need for insulin and help you drop weight. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might be a place to start. If you're 100% new to it though, please test often as you might hypo with the units you're taking now.

If you've tried this before and it didn't work, you might want to get more tests done to see whether you're really a T2. (C-peptide and GAD tests, see whether you're producing antibodies and/or insulin still.)

Good luck!
Jo