Highest/lowest Reading

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
God dammit! I forgot to bolus for dinner so here I am at 22.3 mmol/L... (highest) and lowest was FBG 6.7

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lowest today 5.2
Highest today 6.2 - 2 hours after i cooked homemade moussaka for the first time. Eaten with green beans and a small glass of red.

Highest reading since diagnosis in December was 13 just 3 weeks ago following an irish breakfast of sausage x 2, bacon x 2, eggs x 2, white pudding and a slice of thick irish white batch bread (never eat bread these days) with lashings of kerrygold butter. My auntie made it for me in Dublin, it was absolutely delicious and i still have dreams about that bread, and nightmares at the same time!

Lowest reading was in Scotland in April was still losing weight and walking a lot, i had not eaten too much this particular day and my reading was 3.3. Didn't feel any different.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Just a follow up from yesterday. As I've said, I don't test much in the mornings as my breakfast doesn't change much from only a few choices and they've already been tested many times. Same for lunch if it something I've done before. today I thought I'd test it anyway just to see.

Before breakfast - 5.6
45g porridge made from traditional rolled oats. Mixture of water and full fat milk. total carbs 30g GI 50
2 hours after - 7.1

Before lunch - 5.5
Bacon, eggs and tomato
2 hours later - 5.7

This is pretty well business as usual and one of the reasons why I've cut back to testing only when not sure or I have something new.
Evening meal I usually test because it varies so much from day to day. Very occasionally I might have a treat like an ice cream. In this case I always test before since I don't want one if BG is already above 7.0 but only a treat. No more than once a month.

Have fun,
Glenn

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
How many chips did you have ?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How many chips did you have ?
About 10 frozen oven chips. I weighed some this morning and it seems it would have been 25-30 gms. The nutritional info says there are 20 gms of carbs per 100 gms, which does seem low for chips. But if correct that would only be about 5-7 gms of carbs.
The breaded cod was about 25 gms of carbs. So 30-32 gms of carbs in total.
My bg was 6.4 before eating and 7.4 at 2 hours after eating.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
About 10 frozen oven chips. I weighed some this morning and it seems it would have been 25-30 gms. The nutritional info says there are 20 gms of carbs per 100 gms, which does seem low for chips. But if correct that would only be about 5-7 gms of carbs.
The breaded cod was about 25 gms of carbs. So 30-32 gms of carbs in total.
My bg was 6.4 before eating and 7.4 at 2 hours after eating.

Interesting. I find I can't do chips. Maybe just a few. Here in Aussie we have reduced carb spuds from Woolies and Coles. These are somewhat better but still on the avoid list. Funny thing that I can tolerate porridge for breakfast while others can't. Others tolerate chips and I can't. Highlights the importance of testing. so much for the authorities telling us T2s 'No need to test'. They need their advice shoved where the sun don't shine.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes I'm one who can't tolerate porridge. I used to eat it in the winter until I tested and my bg was 10.4 two hours after eating, the highest reading I've had. The remainder of the porridge oats went into the recycling bin immediately after I got that reading.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
I'll qualify that the porridge *must* be traditional style rolled oats. The ones you have to cook for about twenty minutes. No more than 50g max. The instant or quick oats are a disaster.

following up on the highs and lows. I generally do the test for evening meal because of large variations.
Before dinner - 5.0
Thai jungle curry. I like these because the have no noodles or coconut and can eat without rice
2 hours after - 5.7
Had an ice cream cone (40g) and sneaked a few smarties while my lads birthday cake was being made for tomorrow.
2 hours again - 7.6
I only indulge like this occasionally but not too bad I don't think.

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Finally back on the grid!
Lowest was 8.0 and highest 19.8.
Still mad to know what went wrong I didn't cheat!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yesterday

Lowest was 4.6 fbg
highest was 6.5 after lunch

And then was 4.9 at bed time.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Are you type 2? Any medication?
T3E drug induced
No meds at the moment diet only

Mind you after increasing preds recently things have got a little variable

Today so far
Lowest 5.2 after breakfast was 6.1 on waking
Highest 7.7 thats now two hours after dinner

Reactions: Debandez

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
T3E drug induced
No meds at the moment diet only

Mind you after increasing preds recently things have got a little variable

Today so far
Lowest 5.2 after breakfast was 6.1 on waking
Highest 7.7 thats now two hours after dinner
Pretty impressive numbers I must say!

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1
Highest today was 7.1, lowest is 5.7 which is currently my fasting sugar

Now as for my all time record, I was 28mmol/l when diagnosed and one time I went as low as 1.2mmol/l on my blood reader and good god could I feel it :hungover:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday my lowest was 4.4 before evening meal, and highest was 8.6 (!) two hours after eating.
That would be due to the mashed potato.