Highs

martina

Hello, for the past couple of months my daughters bloodsugars have been very difficult to manage. Also we are having a lot of trouble with the cannula's. She uses 6mm flexlink cannula's. Her levels will be ok and we bolus for food and then on the 2hourly check that we do she is high, in the late 20's with ketones present. This has happened about 5 times in the last 2 weeks and suggests to me that for some reason the bolus has not been getting through. I contacted Accu-chek about this and they sent me out a new batch of cannula's. We changed the cannula but less than 24 hrs it was leaking and her sugars were high again. She inserts the cannula into her tummy. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or is anybody ever had the same problem with the fexlink cannula's. I am unsure whether to change and try another type and would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Martina.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not on a pump so I could be way off here but I'm wondering if it's her sites in general that are a problem?

How long have you been using tummy for the cannula? I would suggest trying elsewhere like buttocks or thigh to give the stomach a break and see if that helps

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As the problem is recurring, I would definitely suggest trying a different type of site and different type of set to see if this makes a difference. Assuming that the replacement batch of sets from Accu Chek doesn't fix the problem.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

iHs

Another thought is the inserter device for the Flexlink. They can sometimes develop problems so is daughter using it correctly? Might be time for a new one?

A good way to know if bg problem is down to the set , is to do bolus by pen.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App