Holiday and Insulin Pump

VerityJ

Is there anybody that can help me with a couple of pump questions. I'm off on holiday to Egypt in September and really don't fancy coming off the pump. I am wondering about the problems of sunbathing whilst I am attached to it. I've been pumping since January but this is the first time I will be going on a sun bathing holiday with it.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hello VerityJ,

I don't actually use a pump myself, but when it's hot and sunny I keep my NovoPen
case in a heat jacket made from what I can only describe as "space-age bubblewrap".
It does a surprisingly good job of keeping it cool, especially in direct sunlight.
You can buy the stuff from B+Q's loft insulation department.
resize

I've yet to find a bikini that it doesn't go with. :D

Regards,
timo.

Nellie

I have a pump but haven't used it for sunbathing yet! I have been gardening and running in the last week or so in temperatures up to 30C with no problem.
Frio does make a pump wallet with a waterproof interior liner that should help in hotter temperatures ((you can buy it online at friouk)

VerityJ

Thank you. I've made the decision to stay on the pump on holiday. I am going to look into the Frio pouch etc. Had a scare in New York a couple of years ago and ended up in a coma in intensive care for a week so I am really nervous about going away again. I'm sure all will be ok. Thanks again for your help.