Holiday

LWood88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Im recently diagnosed (23rd March) I’m going to Spain this weeks. I’ve had 10 hypos in the last 15 days - I’ve spoken to hospital, they have reduced my medication & ringing them again on Tuesday - what food would you recommend carrying around with me in case a hypo does occur? I’ve not had any advice from anyone as they never thought I’d go into hypo as my levels were sky high and I’m not seeing their Dietition until June. Any help would be appreciated and only nice comments pls as I am new to this :) thank you all xx

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
What about sweets similar to love hearts they won’t melt or get to hot and are easy to carry

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What medication is causing you to hypo?
Far better to get rid of the reason for them than to be needing to consume sugar to counteract what is prescribed.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Glucotabs are great to carry. Don’t melt and in a sturdy tube. You can get them in Sainsbury’s or Amazon and some pharmacists. Do you have a blood glucose meter? That would be very helpful. Remember to take all your meds with you at least twice what you think you will need, keep it in your hand baggage and not in the hold as it coul get lost and you would be stuck. Take a copy of your prescriptions with you and remember travel insurance that will cover your diabetes. But above all have a great time!