holland and barrett

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know that at my next GP appointment I'm going to be asked yet again why I'm not taking statins. The problem as they see it is because my cholesterol has steadily risen since being diagnosed type 2 in June 2015 from 3.7 to 5.00. I'm trying to follow LCHF and have lost 25Kilos and HbA1c has gone down from 84 to 38..!!!!!!! but it's this cholesterol reading that's 'bothering them... I did put my results (LDL 2.39, HDL 2.1 Triglyceride 1.11) in to an online calculator to look at the ratios and the results came back as 'Ideal'....
How do I resist the constant pressure for medication or how can I lower my cholesterol myself...? Any thoughts...?

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know that at my next GP appointment I'm going to be asked yet again why I'm not taking statins. The problem as they see it is because my cholesterol has steadily risen since being diagnosed type 2 in June 2015 from 3.7 to 5.00. I'm trying to follow LCHF and have lost 25Kilos and HbA1c has gone down from 84 to 38..!!!!!!! but it's this cholesterol reading that's 'bothering them... I did put my results (LDL 2.39, HDL 2.1 Triglyceride 1.11) in to an online calculator to look at the ratios and the results came back as 'Ideal'....
How do I resist the constant pressure for medication or how can I lower my cholesterol myself...? Any thoughts...?

Hello Tirianne. I don't know the answer to your problem but try looking up diet doctor.com. If I remember right,that website had some good advice on the subject.

Reactions: dbr10

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
(Ahem!) - Getting back to the topic of Holland & Barrett, last week they were doing "Bare Naked Noodles" on their second item for 1p promotion - I bought a goodly supply as a result!

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Hi. I have just agreed with my doctor to stop statins altogether. Your HbA1C and lipids look fine to me and are very comparable with mine. As long as you have nothing else wrong and your blood pressure is OK, in your shoes I would carry on refusing. It's just a matter of preference of your GP's practice. Change GP if you're not happy.

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think those numbers are good, aren't they?

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(Ahem!) - Getting back to the topic of Holland & Barrett, last week they were doing "Bare Naked Noodles" on their second item for 1p promotion - I bought a goodly supply as a result!
OK - I take your point and can always start a new thread as we seem to be going 'off topic"...... it's just that the subject had come up and I thought I'd ask for some help.
So thank you to the 3 lovely people for sharing thoughts with me and I'll follow up on your advice. xx

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As a Type 2 in my seventies and wish to buy a Free Style Libre do I have to pay VAT?

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello,,I love H&B's penny sale,,,money goes a long way on these promotions,,and when the things you want are expensive and the second one is 1p then happy days,,,ttfn from karen.

Reactions: mick180