HOLY COW!!!!

BlindFaith

Totally not what I wanted to name this thread but I think I'd get told off if I put what I wanted to :lol:

I have just found out that my HbA1c is 59 (about 7.5%)!!!
This has dropped from 118 over the last 6 months and I could not be happier right now.
I've had blood sugar readings consistently under 10 mmol/L for about 6 weeks now and this morning I had a reading of 5.1 when I woke up which had me bouncing off the walls!

I've even had a few hypo episodes as well which has meant the BDEC team have lowered my Glimepiride to 3mg from 6mg and they're looking at taking me off of it completely in the future :)

I just wanted to share the good news with everyone as you've all been here for me when things have royally sucked and I'm really chuffed I can share something awesome with you all for once!

The lowered HbA1c now means that hubby and I have total support from my doctors and the BDEC team to start trying for a baby so I'm doubly happy now :D :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Awwww ... that's WONDERFUL news BlindFaith ... I am soooooooo chuffed for you and I can sense the excitement and happiness you put into your post. I can practically feel you jumping up and down. :lol:

I love good news ... it's like an infusion of energy. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us and good luck with getting on with making babies!

:D :thumbup:

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Well done BF

I think the word ' KINELL ' may be appropriate !

I suspect it won't be just the walls you will be bouncing off !

Good luck and best regards, don't struggle !

Superchip

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic news BlindFaith. Lower blood levels and the go ahead for a baby what brilliant day. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BlindFaith

Thank you Grace, I haven't stopped smiling and muttering "7.5%" to myself since about 2:30pm :lol:

Superchip, I nearly choked on my water when I Googled "KINELL" :lol: thank you for that, I laughed like a nutter!!!

Catza - thank you :D I'm on such a high right now!!

I don't think I could have done this without the support of this forum, you guys rock some serious socks.

I'm happy I've found something that works for me (I'm a Low GI girlie) and that means I may not need to take as much medication - waiting for a call from my BDEC nurse to confirm that so fingers crossed!

MaryJ

KINELL indeed

well done BF.

So superb, yet another good news story and even better news for you and hubby.

Really chuffed for you

Mary x

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Excellent news there BlindFaith. Those lower BG levels AND the go ahead for a baby; what suburb reading this makes :thumbup: :clap:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done Blindfaith :clap: :clap:

Good luck trying for a baby too :thumbup:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great,
BDEC has a really good reputation so you should be in good hands.
Happy Halloween!

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done YOU. Great news. After such a hard time you're winning the battle. Hope you have many more morning 'bounces' and lots when you are TTC.

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi, a big congrats on your tests to myself it is a beacon of light as my HB1Ac just came in a 110 (12.1%) OUCH. I am in the early stage if treatment for my type 1 you know the frustrating part of where you are trying to find the correct insulin dosage. Upon reading your post I think I would be bouncing of the walls to with results like you have just recieved, and the goal I need to get to doesnt seem so impossible. Many many congrats.

Take good care

Simon aka Cobra3164