Honeymoon end, or something else?

lilibet

Evenin all

Just looking for advice/stories relating to the above topic, notably length of time before pancreas went AWOL completely, or what you noticed etc.Did your requirments go up, did you even have one?
My DNS have indicated that I WILL KNOW when its all over, which I hope is not the case. Easy does it pancreas! :roll:
Ive been watching carbs since week 1 of diagnosis (in sept 08) so probably on lower doses than they are used to seeing any way, though am sure honeymoon plays a part in this.

I ask because over last few days had fasting bg higher than I have since dx. I appreciate that the
DP may be contributing to this, though blips aside this is a new thing. I have also found that whilst am usually staving off hypos pre lunch and late afternoon, I am now managing to not have to eat a snack in between meals to keep me ok. Furthermore, even though Im not doing this, I am still higher bg than is 'usual' for that time of day (lunch, tea etc)
I cant factor in anything else ie exercise, diet, additional stress etc.
Sometimes hormonal stuff makes me run a bit higher for a day or two, but have noticed this for last 4 or so days now. Have put insulin up by 1 u morning and night and despite having a dinner that could not include any more than 20g carbs at a very generous estimated max, bg is still over 7 3.5 hours later.

So, is this the beginning of the end( of honeymoon period)? I am devastated at the thought though in a way just want to get on with it. Am not yet on b/b as low doses and endo wants me on at least 18, preferably 20 per day before I move over. At present, just moved it up to 12.

Any ideas folks? I am being tested for adrenal problems but my understanding is that this causes low sugar,not higher. Also overwhelmed with exhaustion after lunch yesterday to the point where i fell asleep for 2 hours. Didnt test though only had two oatcakes, small bowl veg soup, yoghurt for lunch - much, if not less than usual.

L x :(

caitycakes1

Hi Lilibet,

Could it be that you have a low-key virus hanging about that's not giving any symptoms but affecting bg nonetheless? I had the same experience a couple of months ago. Fasting levels were in the 6's for over a week and not able to snack between just like you. It settled down and I went back to "normal". I know DSN's say we will know when honeymoon is over, but given that you and I watch the carbs I'm not so sure insulin requirements will go up MASSIVELY after honeymoon over. I hope not anyway. I'm also hoping honeymoon ends gradually so that I can make the adjustment over the course of a few weeks, but maybe it won't be like that? Not even sure if I am still honeymooning to be honest but total pre-mix dose is 9u per day so probably still am honeymooning. Know how you fell though. Just when you get things ticking along nicely this bloody disease changes the goalposts!!!!! :roll:

Caitycakes x