honeymoon travel advice

mrsb2b

I am going to Bali for my honeymoon (getting married in 2 weeks) first holiday since being diagosed. What are the tips for the plane etc, food and time changes with regard to insulin ?

I have bought a frio wallet, advised travel insurance, airline and got dr note about needles etc what next ?

How much insulin and all the other stuff should you take. Where do you contact if you have a problem.

Thanks x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I think this is one of those things where Diabetes UK canbe helpful. Try their Careline. they will certainly be able to tell you what to do if something goes wrong. From years of being married to a type 1, I can tell you this. Work out how much insulin and other supplies you will need. Add a percentage( you decide on the margin 10% maybe) and split eveything up into at least 2 lots. One lot to go into your hand luggage and the other into your new spouse's.

sofaraway

I take at least x2 supplies I think I will need. and split it between mine and my partners handluggage. don't put any stuff in the hold incase it freezes.
are you on a mix or are you on basal bolus insulin?
if you are on a basal bolus then continue as normal injecting when you eat. for the basal if time difference allows then take it at the same time as you would in the UK.
I take my own food on to the plane because we didn't want to pay for the meal.
remmebr you are on honeymoon so you're not liekly to have perfect control with all the new variables, don't stress and enjoy yourself.