Hooray

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went out for a celebration with my daughter tonight to a pizza restaurant. There was nothing low carb at all so I thought 'what the heck' and 'it's a one off' ( I am usually very strict) and had a pizza, ( white base rather than tomatoe)
I have been low carb high fat for ages now, lost a lot of weight.
My bloods were good, 5.3, before the pizza, went up to 8.3 at 2 hours, then back to 6.3 3 hours after!!!! I tested again after 3 hours as sometimes foods with a lot if fat can take a while to peak for me.
I pizza would have sent me to double figures before.
Feeling good. Xx

Reactions: 6 people

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonder what my fasting will be in morning? Usually 6.9 ish, quite high, never been able to bring it down .

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2? Lowest for months? What's going on? Ate a huge pizza which usually would send me......
Good result - perhaps you are beginning to tolerate carbs more. I find that i can eat more 'carby' foods eg I had lasagne and garlic bread for lunch and when I tested after 2 hours my BS was 6.7 and down to 6.5 after 3 hours.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great - to avoid bad reactions building up over time, don't do it again !! Count your blessings for lovely evening.

volaer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Don't like pricking...

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks guys. I run everyday between 5 and 8k, which I always have done, and it seems all my hard work has paid off as I had a reading of 4.5 the other evening! The danger is I may become complacent so back on the strict diet and running regime for me. I lost just over two stone, another 2 to go I think! Fingers crossed . Thanks again x

Reactions: 2 people

volaer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Don't like pricking...
Thanks guys. I run everyday between 5 and 8k, which I always have done, and it seems all my hard work has paid off as I had a reading of 4.5 the other evening! The danger is I may become complacent so back on the strict diet and running regime for me. I lost just over two stone, another 2 to go I think! Fingers crossed . Thanks again x
Yeah.. the danger is always getting back to what we are doing before. So it's very important to maintain self discipline. :)