Hopefully a step forward in developing a Libre feedback channel

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Somewhat frustratingly, some folks in the FB group don't want to hear of issues with Abbotts delivery or dodgy sensors.
I was called last week by Head Office in response to a letter of complaint - and I hope I have left things open with them to contact them with collated feedback from time to time.

As the FB group is uninterested in anything other than being a fluffy Abbotts fanclub, I would like to have this thread to maybe collate some information to potentially feedback regularly to Abbotts to people experiencing some issues.

There is no guarantee that the encouraging words from the person who called that they will go through with wanting to get feedback - but... let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they do.

Hopefully it will help.

Reactions: Diabeticliberty
D

Diabeticliberty

A very bold move you are making. There are fluffy Abbott fans all over the place and highlighting some of the many inherent weaknesses of the product seems to make them quite excited and not in a good way. I will open the bidding with a predicted A1c result from my Libre reports which is never even within single figures difference of my actual HbA1c. The average is about 12 points adrift.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very bold move you are making. There are fluffy Abbott fans all over the place and highlighting some of the many inherent weaknesses of the product seems to make them quite excited and not in a good way. I will open the bidding with a predicted A1c result from my Libre reports which is never even within single figures difference of my actual HbA1c. The average is about 12 points adrift.

Yep I found that with mine as well but I figured it was my first blood test after diagnosis. Christ alone knows what my next will be because November was blighted by three failing sensors with all flatlined LOs before dying...

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
LOL I don't know which FB Abbott page you are on but the one that I am I noticed only tonight someone on there asking for people to stop moaning about delivery times because they couldn't stand to read anymore of them.

Reactions: porl69

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have moaned and moaned about my Libre on here and also to Abbott. My problem is the very low readings that I started getting within the first 2 weeks of me using it. Finger pricks put me up 2.5 higher.

Prior to my last A1c I looked at the reading and just added 2. Then came the A1c and it was .3 higher than the Libre's average glucose. Which means (to me) that the Libre generally was accurate and that the finger pricks weren't.

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must add that I do not do Facebook in any capacity

I can't work it out. I can find something once and then not again. It's a lottery BUT it's the preferred means of communication for the supporters of a hobby of mine so if I want to know what's going on and the gossip then I have to use it.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have moaned and moaned about my Libre on here and also to Abbott. My problem is the very low readings that I started getting within the first 2 weeks of me using it. Finger pricks put me up 2.5 higher.

Prior to my last A1c I looked at the reading and just added 2. Then came the A1c and it was .3 higher than the Libre's average glucose. Which means (to me) that the Libre generally was accurate and that the finger pricks weren't.

Hahah that might be the one! Yes I think I might have to do that... in my last engagement with the ADC we went round in circles about had I corroborated my latest failing sensor with blood - and I came straight to the Libre from diagnosis and my GP doesn't think anyone T2 needs to test, and that apparently magic metformin will fix it. So apparently I am being sent an Optium kit as I mentioned I was going to buy an Accuchek monitor to take abroad and he was having none of it. No, madam. you MUST have ours.. I will give you one free...
Me: well ok then!