Hospital Appt - Advice please

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I've finally got my appt through for Oct 14th which I thought was rather quick!!

All the letter says is to bring my test results - if I do them!!, what medicines I take and the usual morning sample!!

Is it worth taking a couple days worth of a food diary complete with test results or just turn up and go with the flow and hope they suggest something useful other than you need to lose weight which I know about and am trying to do something about!

Alos how long would you have to reduce your carbs before seeing a difference in blood sugars? I've changed my b'fasts around and every other day its eggs - I'm sorry but I can't eat them every day and the thought of fish makes me want to heave and the alternate days is a home made muesli with lots of nuts but even when I have eggs my sugars can be as high as 12.1 yet the muesli 2 hours after can be around 10.9. :?

efaitch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you have a monitor? I take my monitor and my diary (BGs) to the hospital. They take the monitor and upload the readings onto the computer to see what my trends are and my treatment is discussed from there.

Fiona

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I usually take my notebook with me. I keep track of bg's, bp and any problems I'm having. the nurse will then write in the results from the blood tests for me. Of course I have to take the early morning sample. Such excitement!! :wink: