Hot sweats theory

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. Just thought I would shout out about something I have noticed. I am post menopausal so all the nasty things like night sweats etc had all gone....or so I thought. I noticed the sweats had returned and were progressively getting worse so I mentioned it to my practice nurse who said it was unusual for the sweats to return if they had stopped for a few years as mine had. She told me to look for triggers that could possibly be causing their return.
I looked at the obvious things like stress but there was nothing glaringly obvious so I started looking at my diet. I noted that since I have been eating Lidl High Protein rolls the sweats have got worse. I know they contain soya which has an effect on oestrogen so I eliminated them from my daily food and so far .....3 days without rolls has meant 3 days and nights without any sweats. Just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar happen?
I would miss eating the rolls but as the sweats had reached soul destroying levels that were totally wrecking my sleep I can't see an option other than to not eat them :( I have started having 2 small slices of Warburtons wholemeal bread and find no massive jump in BG levels so for now that is an alternative that seems to be working :)

Just for the record....2 small slices of Warburtons wholemeal bread with butter and sliced cheddar was 5.3 BEFORE ...and 6.2 AFTER 2 hours so not a bad result in favour of the change I have made from the rolls

Last edited:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's interesting- I'm bang in the middle of menopause but have noticed that the last few days my sweats are less - mine are shocking! I've been eating the Morrisons protein loaf as I couldn't get the burgen soya and linseed- maybe there is something in it maybe not but I'm gonna pay more attention to it and see what happens when I have the burgen again - I don't eat the Lidl rolls - I hate them lol

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Gezzabelle - gosh, that's interesting re the soya - good point.

I had awful night sweats before my hyperthyroid diagnosis - not just nights, actually, but daytime too. Calmed down once I got the thyroid sorted, thankfully.

I mention it just in case the night sweats start up again without soya on the scene, in case checking your thyroid function is worth a punt.

:)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hi everyone. Just thought I would shout out about something I have noticed. I am post menopausal so all the nasty things like night sweats etc had all gone....or so I thought. I noticed the sweats had returned and were progressively getting worse so I mentioned it to my practice nurse who said it was unusual for the sweats to return if they had stopped for a few years as mine had. She told me to look for triggers that could possibly be causing their return.
I looked at the obvious things like stress but there was nothing glaringly obvious so I started looking at my diet. I noted that since I have been eating Lidl High Protein rolls the sweats have got worse. I know they contain soya which has an effect on oestrogen so I eliminated them from my daily food and so far .....3 days without rolls has meant 3 days and nights without any sweats. Just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar happen?
I would miss eating the rolls but as the sweats had reached soul destroying levels that were totally wrecking my sleep I can't see an option other than to not eat them :( I have started having 2 small slices of Warburtons wholemeal bread and find no massive jump in BG levels so for now that is an alternative that seems to be working :)

Just for the record....2 small slices of Warburtons wholemeal bread with butter and sliced cheddar was 5.3 BEFORE ...and 6.2 AFTER 2 hours so not a bad result in favour of the change I have made from the rolls

Hi Gezzabelle.... You can make your own bread... much better to know what's being put into your food! There are so many recipes out there that you are sure to find one to suit you... Try googling Soul Bread... it's wonderful - all versions of it... I won't post the one I like as it might not suit you, but it is the easiest thing in the world to make and bake... it takes me about 10 minutes to make and 40 odd minutes to bake... then you have to wait for it to cool a bit before slathering it in butter! Good luck...

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Interesting. I eat and drink a lot of soya and my ovaries were whipped out last year. I suspect it is the phytoestrogens that are keeping me stable. I am not on hrt and have no noticeable meno symptoms. Glad you have managed to find your culprit @Gezzabelle as lack of sleep is torture x

Reactions: Gezzabelle

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have noticed a dramatically increased tolerance to sun without sweating since I brought my blood sugars down. Whilst some of that is weight related, a friend of mine who is still very overweight ( 130kg should be 95kg ) also noticed a dramatic improvement within the first two weeks of following an LCHF diet -so I think the sweating was a lot to do with the level of circulating blood sugars.