Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
Evening all,

Had a good day concerning BG results :)

Just thinking about how these hot temperatures have an affect on your diabetes?

With me I seem to be a running a little bit lower than usual, I am keeping my pump out of the sunlight and have been running a lower TBR - seems to be working for me.

Just after your thoughts, hints and tips on what you do. Thank you.

RoDnEyBoY.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Usually permanently lower hourly basal levels, done, and have new ratios for bolus. Working so far since the warmer weather, saves running temps constantly

Type 1, pumping nova rapid

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I had changed mine from 18 to just under 14. Then last week all of a sudden hi's...
I think though its cos of a new box of tubes thatwhen priming the bubbles out they seem to be moving a LOT slower down the tubes.
Away from home at moment so bought new boxes of everything with me... Sure thats the reason as normally in this heat and since clocks changed I'm right down on basals...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Oh to go home on Thurs, go back to other older boxes of tubes n sets and the possibility of under 4 on the floor...

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
Hi, when abroad I set my basal at about 75 percent of my usual rate even though I am less active when on holiday. The heat just appears to make the insulin work more quickly or harder or something. GOOD LUCK.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Prompted by other people's experiences reported on here I have dropped my pump's basal rates by about 15% since the hot weather hit. It helped I've got the CGM running and I could see a steady downslope during the day.