Hot!

Kbarbaracollins_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am post menopausal and have started to get hot flushes. I don’t k. Ow if it’s coincidence but it does seem to be since I’ve been on Fiasp. I believe this is Novorapid with some Vitamin B3 added. When I researched side effects of B3 sure enough it said it can cause hot flushes in older women.
Is anyone else on Fiasp and getting hot flushes?

lindibalou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone get hot flushes for no apparent reason? Before anyone suggests time of life, I am well done with that.
It sometimes happens, like this morning about an hour after a boiled egg

I have them fairly often. I' m Type 2 and I'm in my early seventies. My gynaecologist told me years ago that hot flushes may continue into your eighties and beyond! Sorry to be a Job's comforter!

Reactions: Brihtric

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic(yet), but I think it is very likely I am insulin resistant.

I'm still struggling with a sugar addiction that I haven't been able to get a grip on. When I eat too much sugary junk I get an extremely hot, bright red face (like hot flushes) about an hour after doing so. And it can last for at least a couple of hours. I get other symptoms too, like an uncomfortably fast heart rate.

I keep telling myself that continuing to eat sugary junk despite these unpleasant symptoms is the definition of insanity. But I still carry on doing it anyway.
Hot is a pain but sugary junk will lead to far more

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food intolerances and other (non menopausal) hormones can cause hot flushes.

I have had them from alcohol and wheat. Also my body dealing with blood glucose fluctuations. A friend of mine always gets them from red wine.

Try excluding the food in question for a while, because I don’t see that subjecting your body an avoidable hot flush reaction can be good for it - massive sudden hormone reaction, inflammation, perspiration... especially if it is a food intolerance which may be triggering the immune system.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Food intolerances and other (non menopausal) hormones can cause hot flushes.

I have had them from alcohol and wheat. Also my body dealing with blood glucose fluctuations. A friend of mine always gets them from red wine.

Try excluding the food in question for a while, because I don’t see that subjecting your body an avoidable hot flush reaction can be good for it - massive sudden hormone reaction, inflammation, perspiration... especially if it is a food intolerance which may be triggering the immune system.
I had an egg this morning and so far no flush!
I don't think ivI' got an intolerance

tamar

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone get hot flushes for no apparent reason? Before anyone suggests time of life, I am well done with that.

Yes, you are not alone I get hot flushes for no apparent reason, like you I am post menopausal. Makes hubby smile I go around shedding cardis/fleece and then complain I am feeling cold! I am a type 3 (after pancreatectomy) using insulin and counting the carbs.

Interaud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty, dishonesty, spiders
Understand completely. Done the Menopause very early (43yrs old) and now 53yrs old. Mine is Diabetes hypo warning nowadays due to stress/worry situations

Foxytina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This is my first ever post, though I've been following the forum for a very long time. Have never posted on any other forum either, so am a bit ignorant about protocols. Apologies in advance if I do anything wrong!

Felt I just had to reply to this as it is something I've been suffering with for some time.

I am well past the menopause (67) and was quite shocked when my hot flushes first started. They are definitely not hypo flushes, the feeling is completely different and exactly what I experienced through the menopause. In particular I get night flushes and sweats and am forever kicking off the duvet! Thought I was done with all that! I can't associate this with any foods except wine and I've cut right back on that because the feeling is so uncomfortable.

Looking back I realised they coincided with starting LCHF a couple of years ago. That may just be coincidence of course. Because my weight loss was so slow I started very strict low carb last January, using the wonderful dietdoctor.com site as a resource and for recipes. As a type1 (42 years) this was a bit tricky. Although eating only 20g carbs per day (from vegetables) my blood sugars were difficult to control. I persevered for a few months until I learnt that protein turns to glucose in the absence of carbs. As I was finding control more difficult with proteins instead of carbs, I reintroduced carbs to approx 50g per day. Blood sugars became much easier to control. Then I suddenly realised my hot flushes had diminished considerably. I still get them occasionally but nowhere near as severe as before.

Again no idea if this is just coincidence, but it does seem strange. Anyone got any thoughts?

david1241

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
doctors and dentists.I would not be rude to any.Also i don't like being taken for granted.
Hello ,I was diabetic for about 6 years .The so called doctors did not tell me about it despite having routine blood tests and blood pressure tests every 6 months.I was in hospital in the Philippines in 2010 for a knee operation.The hospital doctor asked if i knew i was diabetic i'd had it for 6 months.Shock horror!The operation went ok .My surgical wound healed up ,with no problems.I felt fine at time with no diabetic symptoms.so i forgot about it..So fast forward to 2015.After a routine check the doctor phoned me up to say i had very high blood sugar could i make an appointment to see her.which i did .By this time i was getting diabetic symptoms.they were develping thick and fast .One of the complications i had were hot sweats.They would start on my forehead working down to my waist .I was sweating profusesly my clothes to the.. waist were wet though.This would last for at least an hour.I'd be browsing the internet.They would come on without warning.I cured my diabetes 12 months ago.I went on a 24 hour alternate fasting diet.To reduce my blood sugar to normal.to try and heal the none healing ulcers on my legs below the knees.In reducing my blood sugar to normal. my hot sweats went.with the rest of the other complications.i put it down to high blood sugar.

Reactions: Speedbird

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am post menopausal and have started to get hot flushes. I don’t k. Ow if it’s coincidence but it does seem to be since I’ve been on Fiasp. I believe this is Novorapid with some Vitamin B3 added. When I researched side effects of B3 sure enough it said it can cause hot flushes in older women.
Is anyone else on Fiasp and getting hot flushes?
I too had hot flushes for years and years after menopause but have never been on Fiasp or equivalent. Doctors were totally indifferent and unhelpful.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Having a flush right now. BG 4.7 so that's not it. Lunch was 2 hrs ago and not excessive. Carbs so far normal (not too high, not too low). Maybe I just run hot mid-afternoon. Will continue to track.

Foxytina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi David1241

That is great news you’ve managed to reverse your type2 and get rid of all the complications, including the hot flushes.

Alas remission/reversal doesn’t apply to me as I am type1. My hot flushes are definitely not down to high blood sugars, which are normally well under control. My hba1c is usually around 43 to 45. It’s such a puzzle and wish I knew the answer!

Foxytina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Having a flush right now. BG 4.7 so that's not it. Lunch was 2 hrs ago and not excessive. Carbs so far normal (not too high, not too low). Maybe I just run hot mid-afternoon. Will continue to track.

Hi LouWilk059,

Do you only get them mid afternoon or at other times too? Do you think there may be a connection to low carbing? Mine seem to appear at any time, though as mentioned before, they are worse at night. Definitely improved since I increased carbs from 20 to 50 per day. I thought maybe I should experiment with going a bit higher, but that would mean increasing my insulin which in turn will probably mean not losing weight, so I don’t know which way to jump.

I did go to my GP in case there was something else going on, especially as I was also suffering from hair loss. All my blood tests came back normal. So I’m confused and puzzled about why these hot flushes happen!

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Hmm, I have hair loss too but thankfully I have so much of it I'm not overly concerned. I'm only recently tracking the hot so can't really say if it's associated with LC. I don't think so as I find I'm cold and have a hard time warming up (with exception of the hot flashes). BP ckd out ok .