How are everyone's pregnancies going?

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks ladies, I wasn't really given any advice other than to wait, bit after doing some research I'm drinking loads and resting! I have felt baby moving loads today which in taking as a really good sign! Not felt it this much l ever! Maybe the water is doing good?! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 4 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's good @Sarahkylie88 are you still in the hospital? Hope you are being well looked after whether there or at home xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi ladies, not good news. Second scan revealed no amniotic fluid at all. Could be a kidney/bladder problem with the baby. We r off to Liverpool women's on Monday for a more in depth scan, but it looks as if all hope has gone for us. The baby's lungs will be underdeveloped and the chance of surviving birth is extremely slim.
We are absolutely heartbroken.

Who would have thought diabetes was the easiest part of my pregnancy?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi ladies, not good news. Second scan revealed no amniotic fluid at all. Could be a kidney/bladder problem with the baby. We r off to Liverpool women's on Monday for a more in depth scan, but it looks as if all hope has gone for us. The baby's lungs will be underdeveloped and the chance of surviving birth is extremely slim.
We are absolutely heartbroken.

Who would have thought diabetes was the easiest part of my pregnancy?

Oh @Sarahkylie88 - there are no words.... I'm so sorry to hear that.

I really don't know what to say, except to send you my love xxxxxxx

I'll keep hoping for you even if there's only the slimmest chance.

Love,

Azure xxx

Reactions: 2 people

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
Perhaps I'm being naive or stubborn, but my fingers are crossed for you @Sarahkylie88 . All my love to you and your baby!

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you so much! I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow more than I've ever dreaded anything in my life! I don't think I can go through being told our baby won't survive again and again. When I ask why this has happened the tell me it's "one of those things!" Great!

All of your lovely thoughts and support means so much! X

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for your lovely messages. We've had some hope!!! (for now) baby's fluid levels have increased, they are extremely extremely low, but last week I had 0!! Baby has perfect little kidneys and a bladder which are in working order, they think I have a slow leaking amniotic rupture but baby has the capability of making fluid, so has at least a chance of making more! I have a repeat scan in 2 weeks, I could well be back to hearing the worst news ever again, or things could have improved!

Reactions: 4 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Sarahkylie88 That's great news about baby's kidneys! It's also good that they think they know what's causing the low fluid.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your next scan.

Look after yourself and rest lots xxxxxxx

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Sarahkylie88 !!!! That's amazing! I am so happy for you and your baby!!! Keep up the good work! :)

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for your lovely messages. We've had some hope!!! (for now) baby's fluid levels have increased, they are extremely extremely low, but last week I had 0!! Baby has perfect little kidneys and a bladder which are in working order, they think I have a slow leaking amniotic rupture but baby has the capability of making fluid, so has at least a chance of making more! I have a repeat scan in 2 weeks, I could well be back to hearing the worst news ever again, or things could have improved!

I'll continue to keep everything crossed for you Hun xxx

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just a tangent please, I need to let off some steam. I have just discovered what a non diabetic pregnant woman's levels are. And I'm devastated. I thought I was doing so well with my levels. But a non-D lady is between 4 and 6 before and 6 after meals. I am no where near that! I can't stop imagining the harm I'm doing to my baby. If I weren't in the office, I may start to cry. I really want my husband to come give me hugs.

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
All we can do is our best. Diabetic women have been having babies for years and not had everything we gave to hand. I know a 30 year old born from a diabetic and they are happy and healthy. In some ways we are more cautious about what we eat etc are babies are getting more than they would from some other mothers. Chin up. Are babies are wanted more than anything and loved. That's worth a lot! Xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My mum is also diabetic (t1) and was when I was born... And I'm ok!! My little not is also fine! My sugar was so difficult to control during my last pregnancy! And my little boy is happy and healthy I had high sugars every morning which I found extremely upsetting and frustrating, my diabetic nurse consoled me as she knew I was doing my best!!

This time everything is by the book, done to the letter. Sugars a whole 1% better... And look where I am... Don't beat yourself up... So your best! Sure you're doing amazing

Reactions: 2 people

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry for the rushed message, battery was running out! *son not not and *do your best not so your best

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry. I'm feeling better (ish) today. I have my 28 week growth scan so am rather nervous but I can feel him wriggling around in there a lot this morning so that's reassuring. Also, finally got my basal sorted which is a relief. If I ever do this again, I am absolutely getting a pump!!!! Or even a closed loop system like those lovely ladies on the Cambridge University trial!! PS don't read the Daily Mail article on that. Some shocking DM reporting.